Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starwalker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 11:48 AM
    How to stop water leakage from a Bryant Gas Furnace
    My Bryant Plus 90 gas furnace has water leaking from one of the pipes that is clamped tight . It is connected to the exterior. Is there any reason why would there be water in the pipe? If so, how do we stop the water from flowing into the furnace? Thank you for reading and would appreciate suggestions for solving this problem.

Starwalker
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Yes it is normal for water to be in the line BUT it is supposed to drain back to the unit and then to the drain.

The item you are talking about is called condensation and it is from the condensate from the efficient furnace you have.

Normally this water does not build up in the pipe but goes down the drain right at the furnace.

You will need to start by checking the drain on your furnace and make sure it is all clear. Next step is to check the pipes going outside to make sure nothing is restricting the flow going in or out of the pipes. If you have a high snow level that could be a problem or if rain or other water can get in that will also need to be checked.

Check the drain on the furnace!
    Check the pipe going outside for any obstruction!

That is all there is to it. If you cannot figure it out I suggest you call for professional help.
    sjfbuffalo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 08:02 AM
    There is a reservoir that the condensation goes through and it can become clogged over time. Remove and flush to clear passage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 90 Plus gas furnace blower motor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 90 Plus (350MAV) and have a problem. I noticed that the heater was not turning on. I opened the furnace door and found the diagnostic led flashing 1-3. Upon checking the meaning of the code, I found it referenced a dirty filter of defective blower. I shut the furnace off at the...

Bryant gas furnace won't light [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant gas furnace that won't light. It starts its normal cycle with the inducer turning on, then the gas but the gas never ignites. It will do this three times then stops.

Bryant gas hot air furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bryant gas hot air furnace model #397HAW036100. It has been nothing but trouble since day 1. here's my problem this year again. Purge fan kicks on gas valve goes on to pilot lights. Clicks on gas valve and pilot goes out. Does this about 6 times before it locks out. Last couple years...

Bryant Furnace fan won't stop [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace, don't know the model number, but frequently the fan will continue to blow after the heat stops producing. I hear it trying to shut off, (it will sputter off and on) but the majority of the time the fan continues to run, blowing cold air. Any help would be appreciated.

Bryant Gas Furnace Problem [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Bryant 373LAV Gas furnace that has stopped working. There are a couple of issues with the furnace and I'll try to explain what is going on. For now, the heat does not turn on. The thermostat (White-Rodgers Comfort Set II) shows 60 and the heat is set at 70. So I opened up...

View more questions Search