Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Lose wight by summer? Type of excersize?
    So I decided I want to lose 15 pounds by summer - I'm 17 years old and I was wondering what kind of excersizing I should be doing. Would running 30 minutes a day help or will my body go on autopilot and get used to that routine. What types of excersize should I do to tone up? Any suggestions?
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 5, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pie812
    So I decided I want to lose 15 pounds by summer - I'm 17 years old and I was wondering what kind of excersizing I should be doing. Would running 30 minutes a day help or will my body go on autopilot and get used to that routine. What types of excersize should i do to tone up? Any suggestions??
    Try jogging every second day. This would be a great start before jumping right into running. Pace yourself and gradually work into a run. Don't for get to stretch before you run or jog as well drink plenty of water. You may need to change your diet as well so eat healthy and stay away from fatty foods. If you need information on all this please ask and I will provide some for you.
    pie812 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 07:30 AM
    So if jog every other day for like... 2 weeks, and then gradually go into a run - along with changing my diet to more healthy meals and foods, do you think I'd be able to shed off the 15 pounds by summer? I only weigh 155 but I want to be healthier and look better.

Mar 5, 2008, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pie812
    So if jog every other day for like...2 weeks, and then gradually go into a run - along with changing my diet to more healthy meals and foods, do you think i'd be able to shed off the 15 pounds by summer? i only weigh 155 but i want to be healthier and look better.
    If you change you diet and jog every other day and then gradually change into a run. Yes. You really have to be sticked with it. You only get what you put into it. Please keep us posted on how you made out in a few weeks. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Mar 6, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Do something other then jogging too, because it will get boring and you will not want to do it. Jog one day, do pilates the next, then do yoga the next, then jog on the fourth day and take two days off. That way you do your cardio, toneing and stretching. Also that way you have a different routine.

Mar 7, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025
    Do something other then jogging too, because it will get boring and you will not want to do it. jog one day, do pilates the next, then do yoga the next, then jog on the fourth day and take two days off. That way you do your cardio, toneing and stretching. Also that way you have a different routine.
    I do agree to this in some point. The only reason I suggested jogging is because you can set you pace. As well it works for every one in this type of situation. It well get boring but all you have to do is keep in mind of your goals. 1 great thought though, if you do jog try to jog different areas so it well be a change of scenery. This is what deters people from jogging and running all the time.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Please don't post the same question more than once...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/weight...er-190505.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I lose weight before summer? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi I am a 17 years old and I feel that I'm a little over weight. I'm 5'0 and weigh 115. I excersise at least 3 times a week and I try to eat healthy but still no change. HOw do I lose 15 pounds by summer?? :confused: please HELP!!

Watercraft or excersize equipment? [ 1 Answers ]

I just came across a most intriguing video taken of an interesting devise that is propelled not by an engine, but by waterfoils being moved through the water. Take a look and tell me what you think: StumbleUpon - StumbleVideo

Loose wight? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two kids and I had problems losing weight ever since I had my second child I have tried everything and nothing seems to work I don't know I have never been FAT and suddenly my digestive system is different I don't know why? What should I do this frustrates me a lot and depresses me!! HELP ME

Losing wight [ 3 Answers ]

I weigh 130 pounds and I want to loose 20 pounds. I need help. Please, I want to loose the weight before my graduaion in June. Help me I want to life a healthier life and not be the FAT girl:( Girl that wants to be thinner

Summer Switch on Furnace- on or off in summer? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model Carrier furnace for central heat in the basement; the AC unit is newer and outside. I noticed that the Carrier unit has a "Summer Switch". Should it be set to off during the summer months?

View more questions Search