Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 5, 2008, 06:24 AM
    12 week fitness program that works, lose weight and stay in shape
    This is a great way to stay in shape or even lose weight. It's hard and vigour's. But it works.
    WEEKS 1 to 12

Monday
    Aerobic Fitness 2400 m run, Strength push-ups as many as you can do(not rests)

Tuesday
    Strength: bench press, squats, sit-ups

Wednesday
    REST or any SPORTS (you chouse)

Thursday
    Power: standing long-jump 4 times, 40 m sprint (timed) 10 times and try to beat best time with 5 minuet rests in between.

Friday
    1st, 5th,9th , week5 km run. 2nd, 6th, 10th week 7 km run. 3rd, 7th, 11th week 10 km run. 4th, 8th, 12th week 5km run

Weekends off

When you run- pace yourself and don’t be too enthusiastic at first. Warm-up thoroughly prior to the run

Bench Press Feet flat on the floor, back flat on the bench, and a secure grip on the bar with the hands a comfortable distance apart. Try one repetition with 55 kg. If you do it comfortably, continue and do as many repetitions as you can. If you struggle to do one rep at 55 kg, drop down to 45 kg.
    -If you use 55 kg and do 11 reps or less. If you do 22 or more reps, use 65 kg next time.
    -If you use 45 kg and do 14 reps or less, use 45 kg again next time.

Push-ups Do push-ups at a rate of 25 per minute for a maximum of 45 repetitions. Place your hands shoulder-width apart, fingers pointing forward, and keep your back straight. Lower until you have a 90° bend at the elbows.

Squats Use a squat rack and barbell. With feet shoulder width apart, toes pointing slightly outward, back erect, and barbell on the shoulders, squat to a 90° bend at the knees then return to full extension. Try one repetition with 70 kg. If you do it comfortably, continue and do as many repetitions as you can. If you struggle to do one rep at 70 kg, drop down to 60 kg

Sit-ups Do sit-ups at the rate of 25 per minute to a maximum of 100 repetitions. With your knees bent and feet held down, curl up to touch your elbows to your knees.

Standing Long Jump Record the maximum distance jumped in your best of three attempts. Measure from your toes on the starting line to where your heels land. Use a full
    Arm swing and bend your legs to get a good push off.

40-Metre Sprint Record your best time. Place one foot ahead of the other at the start. Lean forward and drive your arms to get moving.

The warm-up is important prior to each training session. It reduces your risk of injury and it gets you physically and mentally prepared to train. A good warm-up
    -reduces the stiffness in muscles to increase efficiency
    -improves blood flow to muscles to increase the delivery of oxygen, fuels, and hormones, to help remove waste products, and to assist in heat loss
    -allows for faster nerve impulses
    -can reduce the risk of soft-tissue injuries.

At the end of each session do cool-down stretching for another 5 minutes. Return to the exercises that stretch the muscles most used during the session.

Do this for 12 weeks and you will not be disappointed. Remember that you only get what you put into it. And a big key is watch what you eat. Eat healthy.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Mar 5, 2008, 10:02 AM
    You can lose weight and be fit inside 3 weeks if you are of average build and weight :) like me :)
    MaxLetni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2010, 08:23 AM
    I love this E">fitness program</a>lick.com/workout_routine">fitness program!</a> I think push-ups should be integrated into a global-<a href="http://www.fitclick.com/exercise_program">fitness plan.</a> From the looks of this article post you can see results in as little as 3 weeks; visit http://www.FitClick.com for enhanced videos, fitness plan tutorials, tips and more!

Thanks for your community contribution, I appreciate it :-D

+Max Letni

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ways for a teen to lose weight in a week [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a 5'4 girl teen who weighs 139 pounds. On May 17 & 18th, my school is going on a major trip where only certain students go. We go many different places including a water park and the hotel we are staying at has a pool. I am very self-conscious about my body and I need to know if I need...

Trying to lose 50 pounds and get in shape. [ 12 Answers ]

So, I've started working out, it's been a week. I work out two hours a day. This includes cardio and resistance work-outs... So naturally I have a bunch of questions... 1. How come I have gained three pounds this week? 2. How long will it take me to lose 50 pounds? 3. What exercises...

Need to stay motivated to lose weight [ 12 Answers ]

I wonder if anybody can give me advice about staying motivated. A couple years ago I lost 12lbs on the slimfast plan and by exercising. Since then I gained it all back plus ten more pounds. The slimfast plan no longer works for me cause the shakes just give me the runs. I have truble eating...

Wanting to lose weight but stay healthy [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting married in April and I need to lose at least 20 pounds: not only for the wedding but for other reason as well. I have tried everything that I know and it either did not work or I got sick from it. How can I lose weight and actually lose it and stay healthy and not get sick?:confused:

View more questions Search