Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 04:51 PM
    How do you make money on an idea?
    I have had this idea for a house in my head for years. I can't ever afford a house but I would love to see it actually built someday. I wanted to know where the best place to have it drawn up and that I could maybe make some money (like a commission or whatever) on it if people choose to have it built for their home. Would I just go to any real estate? What is the best way to do something like this? I would draw it myself but I am not good with the sizing stuff.

Thanks
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 4, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Architecture design and blueprinting... is what you talking about. I was thinking of going to college for that I took up carpentry as an elective. It normally helps if you have a backround in architecture and construction because you can draw something that would be impossible to build structure wise.

When I went to the Poconos there were a lot of real estate books with pages of designs for houses that a develop would build for you. I guess I would start with those developers. I would get a book on the subject. Locate a colleges that offers this class and then order the textbook the students are using. I think they charge per design. If the people love your design people with come to you with ideas to design there dream homes.

I would pursue this its odds are better than win lotto.
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 05:16 PM
    I guess a home developer would be a better idea than a real estate.
    Thanks
    I am just not sure how to go about getting somebody interested in my idea.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 5, 2008, 08:07 AM
    That's a tough one, especially right about now with the home market. A developer might take a look but in general they like homes that are inexpensive to build, so depending on the complexity of your idea they may or may not go for it. Homes are usually designed and drawn by an Architect. Custom homes can cost a lot to have designed and drawn.
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 04:03 PM
    It is really simple and basic and probably a lot cheaper than many of the homes they are building now.
    unstructure Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:37 AM
    I have a slightly novel idea, which I only got because I worked with a similar guy doing "custom" home plans, which really means we took existing ones, did them up in CAD and changed small things for different clients.
    Find a friend that is a retired engineer of sorts, simply someone with blueprinting background. Work in collaboration with him and have him produce acceptable drawings. This may seem odd, but most houses in Americans have nothing to do with an architect. In fact, only 2% of homes are designed by architects, so it would be easier than you think to get the plans approved by town officials.
    If you live in the greater Chicago area, the guy I worked for does work for something close to $125 a sheet, which there are about 6-8 sheets per house. In which cause you could then have something tangible to present and sell to others.

MarkV
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Thank you but I don't even know where to begin finding someone,
    My cousin does custom module log houses but he lives a couple hundred miles away
    And I have no idea how I could even call or get together with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I make money drawing? [ 16 Answers ]

I am a really good artist... at home... I haven't really explored my art in public. Only my family has seen my artwork. Is there any way of making a little extra dough on the side? Can you make money doing drawings and pastels? How do you go about it?

How to make money on Runescape [ 28 Answers ]

Hey guys, if you wanted to find ways to get money on RS, I got some. 1. you add a person named "Logs Wc Co" on your friends list. When he goes on, ask him for a woodcutting job. He will ask you to get as many NORMAL logs as you can. Give it to him in increments of 500 logs or 1K logs. Yes, he...

How to make money [ 1 Answers ]

How can I/a 12 year old, make money? Don't say alowece.

Accounting 1 I have no idea what category to put the money into [ 1 Answers ]

On August 1 2008, ken wade created a new house sitting agency. Wades watchdog Service. The following transactions occurred during the companys first month: Aug 1 wade invested 15,000. Cash and computer equipment worth 2,500.00 Aug 3 purchased 350. Of office supplies for cash Aug 24 collected...

View more questions Search