Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clumbsydwarf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Heater has no electric current
    Recently I noticed my thermostat was blank. I check our heater (forced air Carrier) because it gets its power from there. The 5 amp mini-fuse was blown so I replaced it. The thermostat came on briefly but went out again. I had the mini-circuit breaker tested and half of it was bad, so I replaced that but it is still not working. When the heater was working, the mini-circuit breaker had a "hum" indicating it was getting juice. Since the fuse incident, it no longer has that hum. I've had the breakers in the garage tested and they are good. Any clue as to why the mini breaker is not longer getting power?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 05:02 PM
    The transformer might have burnt up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric space heater [ 1 Answers ]

What size fuses do I use for a 480 volt space heater with it own fan that draws 24 amps

Electric Fan Heater [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Modine 47 (115v) fan heater, a thermostat and a zone valve. Currently the thermostat controls the zone valve. How can I wire these together to get the thermostat to control the zone valve and the fan heater? Any help would be appreciated.

Electric Current running through water [ 7 Answers ]

Why is it that there is an electric current running through my water?

Amperage lost from a current transformer to utility's electric meter(?) [ 2 Answers ]

I work for an Electric utility. Have noticed that the actual amperage running through a phase does not match the amperage being sent to the meter with it's proper multiplier from the current transformer (CT)? Example: phase A is using 83 amps. The X1 tap to the meter from the current...

View more questions Search