Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stephxxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 01:59 PM
    How to get rid of acne scars
    Hi everyone, im new to this website but it looks pretty cool. Well let me get straight to the point. Im an 18 year old black girl that is suffering from acne scars. I have them all over my face (even thogh make up covers it), all over my back and the top part of my chest. Nobody no's this as ive kept it a secret but this year i have my prom and i would love to be able to wear a dress that doesnt cover me head to toe! Ive heard skin lightners could really help this. If anyone has any advice i would be really greatful. Thanks a lot.

Steph
    x x x
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Hello Stephxxx and welcome! We aim to give the best advice we see fit here at AMHD.

About your acne scars... there are many scar creams at your local drug stores and walmart. Try coco butter. Coco butter fades the scars.

A scar is defined as a mark that will never go away sorry to say. Like I said, you can use various scar treatments to fade them though.

Good luck!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Vitamin E oil is great for acne scars1 What you do is buy the Vitamin E capsules that you're meant to take orally, pierce the capsule and squeeze out the oil from it. Apply one every night. It will be very thick and gloopy but trust me it works!
    Also, another method that helped me was lemon juice applied directly onto the scars with a cotton bud. Leave on overnight.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic
    Vitamin E oil is great for acne scars1 What you do is buy the Vitamin E capsules that you're meant to take orally, pierce the capsule and squeeze out the oil from it. Apply one every night. It will be very thick and gloopy but trust me it works!
    Also, another method that helped me was lemon juice applied directly onto the scars with a cotton bud. Leave on overnight.
    Vitamin E oil does come in a bottle but that stuff stinks! Just thought I'd save both of you from the messieness of piercing a vitamin!
    Stephxxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Ok, thanks guys. I'll try the vitamin E solution and tell you how it goes!

Steph
    x x x
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 5, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    Vitamin E oil does come in a bottle but that stuff stinks! Just thought I'd save both of you from the messieness of piercing a vitamin!

I know. But from the capsules it remains fresher and more pure. :)
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2008, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephxxx
    Hi everyone, im new to this website but it looks pretty cool. Well let me get straight to the point. Im an 18 year old black girl that is suffering from acne scars. I have them all over my face (even thogh make up covers it), all over my back and the top part of my chest. Nobody no's this as ive kept it a secret but this year i have my prom and i would love to be able to wear a dress that doesnt cover me head to toe! Ive heard skin lightners could really help this. If anyone has any advice i would be really greatful. Thanks a lot.

Steph
    x x x
    Today is my first day of using Tri-luma for an acne scar about the size of a dime. Ill let you know if it works. It contains 4% hydroquinone, a steroid and a form of vitamin A.
    vv-alleycat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:23 PM
    I have really bad stretch marks on my arms and legs, and I use a product called Bio Oil. It really helps to soften scar tissue and reduce the appearance of scars. I use it twice a day, just massaging it into the area.

Hope that helps :)
    matias Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Hello my I am a 19 year old boy and I have really bad scars acne on my chest, it looks like my chest got burn... anyway I would love to go swimming and take my shirt off, and not being afraid of anything, like people making fun of me! How can I take that away... and you know what honestly I was thinking on really getting a tattoo, but since my scars is so big like almost all my upper chest, is going to be lots of money and I don't know about my parents...
    Somebody please tell me what to do!
    Ackja Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Hey, about your acne scars, apparently this has helped a lot of people. I read it after I saw the author on TV, and now I don't have any acne scars at all. That was almost a year ago now, and I haven't had any acne since.
    MariahNYC Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 09:08 AM

I found a moisturier that works very well unclogging pores, getting rid of dead skin and making the skin smoother, no new pimples to leave MORE dark spots. All of which make the skin look and feel much better/fresher. It's the ph equilibrant moisturizer from an organic skincareline called 'made from earth'.

Use a thin coat of this product so you don't smother your skin. Remember only the skin in contact with the product is helped. Heaping it on wastes your money and this hard to find product!

A few cautions... 1-NOT for people allergic to mushrooms, 2-new skin REQUIRES sunscreen or more dark spots are in your future =( 3-keep drinking plenty of water to keep your body hydrated, it's natural repair function working well and your skin fresh, 4-This product dries the skin out, use a good moisturizer/moisturizing sunscreen. 5-Be careful with your other skin care products too many acne products will over-dry, irritate skin and cause MORE hyperpigmented spots ;(

For me it is essential to use this at night to kickstart the natural repair cycle. I apply it to freshly cleansed skin, let it dry before I crawl into bed, I leave it on overnight.
    candycane123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
    Hi I 12 years old and I have a black scar on my nose any suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get rid of acne scars! [ 15 Answers ]

It seems as though all the posts I read on different sites are focusing on products that are great but they are used to "lighten" the skin. I am a coffee colored af. Am. Female and I must say I would never want to lighten my skin to be a whole different complexion. I just want to fade the few acne...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne scars [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to cure acne scars.plse suggest some good home remedies. I already applied honey over my face and now got one pimple after applying that.plsetell me why did that happen and suggest ways to cure it. I would also like to mention that I have very little acne scars and I...

Acne scars [ 1 Answers ]

I have acne on my butt! Yeah I know it's gross and it leaves black marks on my behind. I need to get rid of them and fast. Please anyone, Help!

How to get rid of acne scars? [ 3 Answers ]

I popped my pimple lik a week ago and I have a spot left and it is getting darker every day. I applied vitamin oil but it doesn't seem to work. I am drinking lots of water but it isn't helping either. What should I do?? I need to get rid of it in 2 days!! Help me!!

View more questions Search