Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amerchant7 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Flat screen TV monitor
    Is it possible to hook up a CPU to a 40'' LCD Samsung TV? I want to use the TV as the monitor. What components would I need, wireless mouse, keyboard, cpu etc. etc.
    What cables would I need?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Many of the new large screen TVs have a VGA jack to connect to a PC. If your Samsung doesn't have one, you will need a VGA to NTSC converter.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Mar 4, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I have an hp computer hooked up to my 52'' jvc I would suggest an hdmi cable so that you wouldn't need 18 cables it has picture uality and sound built in. also your computer and TV would need the right outputs. For my setup I have the computer set up like regular and when I want I swich on the TV and swich the monitor over to the TV. My computer came with a remote for media player but we also have a wireless mouse and keybord which helps. Keep in mind if they get to far from where you have the signaler thing they would be out of range and might not work that far away... sorry I couldn't be more technial but I hope I helped... p.s. hdmi cables should not be more then 50$ shop around
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 4, 2008, 11:22 AM
    HDMI cables can run from $20 to almost $100. But to use an HDMI cable to connect a PC to a TV you would need for the PC to have an HDMI output. That's pretty rare. More common is for the TV to have a VGA or DIV input.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    More common is for the TV to have a VGA or DIV input.
    Or S-Video.
    amerchant7 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Can you clean a flat screen monitor? [ 3 Answers ]

Over the years, mine has become smeared with an assortment of grime and fingerprints. Is there a safe cleaning method?

Hanging flat screen [ 1 Answers ]

How do I mount a flat screen TV on the wall? Best Buy, where I bought it says I have to buy special brachets which cost $250! That is crazy. Also, how do I clean up all the wiring so it doesn't look messy?

View more questions Search