Ask
    Makaila Elyse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 09:30 AM
    The difference between blood types
    How can you tell the difference between blood types?:confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Type A has A antigens and anti-B antibodies, type B has B antigens and anti-A antibodies, type AB has A and B antigens (A and B are co-dominant alleles) and no antibodies. Type O has no antigens but both anti-A and anti-B antibodies. That's why type O is called the universal donor and type AB is called the universal receiver. Anyone can have type O blood for a transfusion but type O people can only accept type O because if they receive anything else the antibodies attack and the blood agglutinates (or clumps). And type AB can accept anything because it has no antibodies to attack anything. Anything else you need to know?
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Mar 27, 2008, 01:01 AM
    By doing specific testing on the blood (the plasma and the red cells) with specific antigens and looking for macroscopic (the naked eye) and microscopic (under the microsope) agglutination. But to the normal person there is no way to tell a blood type. Also if you have regular lab tests at the doctor (like your cholesterol), he can't tell you your blood type just from that. This test is done in Blood Bank in the Lab usually at a hospital.
    jwebbs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
    Look up the difference between the blood types and why is dangerous to give the wrong blood type to an individual.

Feb 25, 2010, 08:34 AM

Look up the difference between the blood types and why is dangerous to give the wrong type to an individual

Feb 25, 2010, 08:35 AM
    For my antomy
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebbs View Post
    look up the difference between the blood types and why is dangerous to give the wrong type to an individual
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 10:39 AM

jwebbs, do you have a question?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 11:06 AM

Lets not forget the RH factor here folks, +/-.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood types [ 3 Answers ]

Can a man blood type B+ and a woman blood type O+ have a child with blood type A+?

Blood Types [ 4 Answers ]

Can a man and woman with the same blood type have children? And if they can is there a risk of any birth defects?

Blood types [ 1 Answers ]

Can a parent with a-blood and a parent with o+ blood have a child with a+ blood?

Blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend really wants to have a baby. Well, not at the moment, but she wants to be ABLE to have a baby. She read somewhere that people with Type O blood can NOT reproduce unless their partner has a negative blood type. Now, I'm having a hard time understanding this because apperently O blood...

Difference between Memory Types [ 7 Answers ]

hi... I have several different types of RAM that I would like to put into my computer to make it run a little faster but am unsure whether I can put them all in together without the computer stopping or malfunctioning. My motherboard takes SDRAM which the sticks are but two of them are Pc133mhz...

View more questions Search