Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spog Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2003, 01:14 AM
    Historical British Movie Actress
    What ever happened to British actress Cecile Aubrey who starred in "The Black Rose". I have always wondered as I must admit that I had a crush on her when I was young.?
    JACK666BLACK Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2004, 09:25 AM
    Re: Historical British Movie Actress
    Dear "spog", As I was looking up a lady's phone number in the Paris directory, serendipitiously I mis-keyed the board and landed on a page (en français) of home addresses of celebrities in Europe... right at the top of the page was Ms. Aubrey's data. The story goes back a long way though, and here it is. The novel 'The Black Rose' was one of the first that I had read for pleasure. When the movie came out, I too fell for her (at that time we were both about the same age). [I continue to have a weakness for blondes] At that time I noticed the reversal of hair color (black for blonde) between Walter (Power) and Maryam (Aubrey).. . time passes... (1/2 century). A couple of years ago I found out that copies of the novel were available through the Net, but that the film was never released in DVD or VHS format in the States. A PAL version (not compatible on our equipment) was put out in Europe in the 50's. Further investigation over the Web has turned up pirate or bogus copies (either taken off the TV or cinema screen). [cut to the chase] I have a DVD (digital) of "The Black Rose": I was put onto an outfit that can do this from the original 35mm print. I think the darling Cecile is french not British and that she only made that one film. However, she wrote a series of very popular children's stories; these were put into a TV mode which she was very involved with. Hope you get and read this; I trust it may answer some of your questions. This film was a follow-up to "Prince of Foxes" (b&w) which I got from the same outfit, only in VHS format (digital) of excellent quality. Both stories hold up well... the only puzzlement I have is... who thought Wanda Hendrix was a fox? Thankx, JACK
    jufra Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2004, 02:45 PM
    Historical British Movie Actress
    Jack - is there a site where I could also request a copy of the VHS of "Prince of Foxes"? I would really like to see that film! Thanks. Jufra
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Mar 17, 2006, 06:02 PM
    A little more on this lady:
    Her screen name is correctly CÉCILE AUBRY, mind you her birth name is: Anne-José Madeleine Henriette Bénard - so you can see why she changed it!
    She was born on 3 August 1928 in Paris, Ile-de-France.
    Her full list of films is as follows:
    Ironía del dinero, La (1959)... L'américaine
    ... aka Bonjour la chance (France)
    Tanz in der Sonne (1954)
    Piovuto dal cielo (1953)
    Blaubart (1951)... Aline
    ... aka Bluebeard (USA)
    Barbe-Bleue (1951)... Aline
    The Black Rose (1950)... Maryam
    Manon (1949)... Manon Lescaut

Hope this is of interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biographical and historical novel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not talking about biography here. What are the rules for biographical and historical novels? Using real people's names (with permission) along side of fictitious names.

Movie title, actor and actress [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie on TV. It was about a couple who rented this house on a lake or island, and the only way you can get there was by boat. His wife had recently died and he rented the house to get away from it all. The women rented the same house but didn't know he rented it and was...

What actress is the roller Girl in the 2005 Coke commercial? [ 4 Answers ]

Who is she?? I emailed Coke and they said they don't give out that information. :confused:

View more questions Search