Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Do you beleive in a life after death?

Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life?

I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard many times).:D

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

P.s.
    I know I keep asking similar questions,but these are things I do think about and would appreciate your thoughts on them.:)
    Hi firmbeliever, I like your line of questioning.

I haven't so much stopped believing in an afterlife as having stopped needing to know what it's all about or struggling to find my place within the schemata of religious experience, if that makes sense. After years of soul searching, one day I was sitting out in the sun and felt wonderfully at peace, and for some reason I just stopped asking. I know there's a great mystery to this universe, and I'm more than happy and content for it be just that, a great mystery :)
    GUYBRUSH Posts: 10, Reputation: -3

May 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
    I think there a chance in ever thing but you'll never see going to church praying to a ruler

Because I RULE. EVEN IF I DID BELEAVE IN GOD I STILL WOULD NOT APROVE OF HIS "SET UP" WHY DOSE HE MAKE COWS UNABLE TO Speak AND THEN MAKE ME HUNGER SO I NEED TO EAT THE COW. AND WHY TEN INFINITY STAR'S AND ONLY EARTH
    IF THERE IS A GOD IED LIKE TO Impeach HIM AND have Arnold Schwarzenegger take his place because he's not lazy. I mean really why are there so many fly in my house that I need to kill when it seezs thouth shall not kill who the hell is thouth and WHAT DOSE HE DO. AND ANY ONE WHO recommend's that I go to a lake of burning fire for beaten off because I have truble getting laid can go f them self. This is usa a this is the real reason
    Why irock hates us to begain with it's a holy war. Likes the words of chuck d can't trust it.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frangipanis
    I haven't so much stopped believing in an afterlife as having stopped needing to know what it's all about or struggling to find my place within the schemata of religious experience, if that makes sense. After years of soul searching, one day I was sitting out in the sun and felt wonderfully at peace, and for some reason I just stopped asking. I know there's a great mystery to this universe, and I'm more than happy and content for it be just that, a great mystery :)
    Yes! Not every question our mind can conceive has an answer, and "I don't know" is a perfectly good one. A sense of wonder and respect for mystery is the beginning of wisdom. The rational intellect is our servant, not our master and slavedriver.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    The rational intellect is our servant, not our master and slavedriver.

I'll remember that one! Thanks for that ordinary guy.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 04:51 AM
    I'll remember that one! Thanks for that ordinary guy.
    Actually, I kind of ripped it off from Einstein. The full quote is something like:
    Intuition is a sacred gift and the rational mind a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant but has forgotten the gift.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Lobroster,Judy Farell, Frangipanis,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by GUYBRUSH
    i think there a chance in ever thing but youll never see going to church praying to a ruler

BEACUSE I RULE. EVEN IF I DID BELEAVE IN GOD I STILL WOULD NOT APROVE OF HIS "SET UP" WHY DOSE HE MAKE COWS UNABLE TO SPEEK AND THEN MAKE ME HUNGER SO I NEED TO EAT THE COW. AND WHY TEN INFINITY STAR'S AND ONLY EARTH
    IF THERE IS A GOD IED LIKE TO Impeach HIM AND have Arnold Schwarzenegger take his place becuse he's not lazy. i mean realy why are there so many fly in my house that i need to kill when it seezs thouth shall not kill who the hell is thouth and WHAT DOSE HE DO. AND ANY ONE WHO recommend's that i go to a lake of burning fire for beaten off becuse i have truble geting laid can go f them self. this is usa a this is the real reason
    why irock hates us to begain with its a holy war. likes the words of chuck d can't trust it.
    I am sorry,but I am unable to understand your post.
    kaya Al Harthy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Hello everyone
    I'm new at this so bare with me a bit. Yes I do believe in an after life and the god has created us to which one of us all really deseve to be in heaven and that's we pass through all these tests every day. As that is his way of testing our faith to see who are the true beleivers and who are not. As for the sins, once we decide to go back to him and never do anymore sins, I do believe that he is the most gracious and most merciful will forgive us.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Do you believe in a life after death?
    Yes.

Even if you do not,if there was the remotest possibility that a life after death existed,what will you willingly give up or struggle to do in order to be happy in the next life?
    My will. In emulation of my loving Master, I fuse myself in the Divine Will of God.

Hebrews 10 9 Then said I: Behold, I come to do thy will, O God:

Therefore,

Philippians 1 21 For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain.

I do believe in an afterlife(as most of you who know me has already heard many times).:D
    Praise God!

P.s.
    I know I keep asking similar questions,but these are things I do think about and would appreciate your thoughts on them.:)
    May the love of God be always on your mind, your lips and in your heart.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Actually, I kind of ripped it off from Einstein.

Still a great quote, and I don't think Einstein is going to be too worried about it :)
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2008, 10:11 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever]lobroster,Judy Farell, Frangipanis,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts.QUOTE]

Thanks firmbeliever, and thought you might like this.
    Attached Images

SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

May 18, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Do you beleive in a life after death?

Absolutely and unequivocally I do! As a Born Again Christian having given my life to Jesus Christ, I know there is evidence of the Afterlife in the Holy Bible.

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the Heavens." -- 2 CORINTHIANS 5:1 (KJV)

The first thing one must do in order to be happy in the next life is to become a Born Again Christian. For that is the ONLY way any person can enter into Heaven, by first giving their life to Jesus Christ while they are still on Earth.

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be Born Again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -- JOHN 3:3 (KJV)

Jesus went on to say:

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in Heaven." -- MATTHEW 10:32-33 (KJV)

This last Scripture is very important for man's Salvation for it is the KEY into the entrance of the Afterlife! As a Born Again Christian who confesses Jesus before men, as I do so often with all of you, I am truly comforted in knowing that Jesus will also confess me before my Heavenly Father and there is no greater blessing, comfort, and assurance than that for me!

We all know that whatever you do in this life, good or bad, is recorded in the Book of Life by God. Therefore, a Born Again Loving, charitable Christian person who does what God expects of him or her will receive a glorious eternal new home in Heaven when it comes time to pass from this life.

P.s.
    I am very glad that you asked about these very important things! They should be a part of everyone's knowledge as their own Salvation depends solely upon knowing and doing these things in order to attain Salvation thereby to be able to enter God's Afterlife at your appointed time.

For more on the Afterlife, with information written by doctors (M.D.s, Ph.D, etc.) including a section on Heaven and Hell, and also discussions on very real demons, you may wish to visit the following most informative website. It may be a little lengthy but well-worth the time it takes to finish reading every sentence!

Life After Death
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Beautiful bird,beautiful pic Frangipani,Thank you.
    Is that a bird-of-paradise?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts SkyGem.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    For more on the Afterlife, with information written by doctors (M.D.s, Ph.D, etc.) including a section on Heaven and Hell, and also discussions on very real demons, you may wish to visit the following most informative website. It may be a little lengthy but well-worth the time it takes to finish reading every sentence!
    Thanks for the link,but I already do have clear information regarding the afterlife.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Beautiful bird,beautiful pic Frangipani,Thank you.
    is that a bird-of-paradise?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts SkyGem.

Thanks for the link,but I already do have clear information regarding the afterlife.

Yes, it is beautiful, and it is a bird-of-paradise. Wouldn't it make an wonderful painting.

You seem like a really lovely lady, and I hope you have a great day!
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GUYBRUSH
    i think there a chance in ever thing but youll never see going to church praying to a ruler

BEACUSE I RULE. EVEN IF I DID BELEAVE IN GOD I STILL WOULD NOT APROVE OF HIS "SET UP" WHY DOSE HE MAKE COWS UNABLE TO SPEEK AND THEN MAKE ME HUNGER SO I NEED TO EAT THE COW. AND WHY TEN INFINITY STAR'S AND ONLY EARTH
    IF THERE IS A GOD IED LIKE TO Impeach HIM AND have Arnold Schwarzenegger take his place becuse he's not lazy. i mean realy why are there so many fly in my house that i need to kill when it seezs thouth shall not kill who the hell is thouth and WHAT DOSE HE DO. AND ANY ONE WHO recommend's that i go to a lake of burning fire for beaten off becuse i have truble geting laid can go f them self. this is usa a this is the real reason
    why irock hates us to begain with its a holy war. likes the words of chuck d can't trust it.

I just couldn't resist this pic that someone sent me this morning... no real offense intended :)
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Yes, it is beautiful, and it is a bird-of-paradise. Wouldn't it make an wonderful painting.

You seem like a really lovely lady, and I hope you have a great day!
    It sure would.

Aww thank you,I hope you have a great day too.
    And just so you know,I think frangipanis are beautiful flowers:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you know this afterlife song? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I'm trying to find out the artist and song name of a rap song I heard in late December (2004). It's a male singer, and seems to be talking to those he left behind, after he died... saying things to make them feel better, how he's doing etc, if I remember right... I lost my son 3 years...

AFTERLIFE Conference in San Francisco! [ 2 Answers ]

AFTERLIFE CONFERENCE in San Francisco! January 19-20, 2008 Forever Family Foundation

In the afterlife [ 1 Answers ]

This song comes on at the end of the movie DEAD MAN on CAMPUS. I've search for it everywhere, it is NOT on the soundtrack and I saw no credit for it as the movie ended. Help it's a great song

Afterlife [ 3 Answers ]

What does seeing a deceased loved one in another form mean?

View more questions Search