Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mperez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 08:29 PM
    If one is paid salary can we place that person back to hourly and if so can I reduce the pay
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
    (Question moved from Introductions to more appropriate category in order to get more exposure to those best able to answer the question.)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Yes you can, first to be truly on salary they would have to be paid over the Federal or state required min to be on salary, I forget the exact amount, it was near 26,000 a year to legally be salary and not have to be paid overtime. So first you have to decide if they were really on salary legally to start with, or do you owe a lot of back overtime pay to them.

But unless they have a contract or uniion agreement, you can change their pay status, change their pay amount when you want, changes in some benefits can also be changed, insurance and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse of Exempt (Salary) status [ 1 Answers ]

My husband works for a company that pays him salary. He is a general manager with this company. He is working anywhere from 60 to 70 hours a week. I had read somewhere that if a person is salary that they must work at least 50% of their time doing manager work. He is doing at least 70% of...

Salary Versus Hourly [ 2 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee. I am paid every 2 weeks. I worked 3 days and have been off the rest of the time due to an illness. My check is direct deposited into my bank account, and when I checked I was only paid for the 3 days I worked. Shouldn't I have been paid for the rest of the time during...

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

View more questions Search