Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiny rue Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Split skin on rabbit
    My rabbit dillie dolli hasn't been washing her self down below and her skin has split. How can I cure this and how can I prefent this from happening again .
    Thank you :p
    Tiny rue :D
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 29, 2006, 09:16 AM
    When you say she hasn't been washing herself down below, what exactly do you mean? Does she have feces or urine in her fur? If she has an open wound you should take her to the vet, she will need some topical antibiotics. Let me know, and I may have a solution to the cleaning problem! :cool:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Hi, tinyrue,
    I do agree with the answer before mine, about taking her to a Vet.
    If the skin is split, there is a very good chance for infection.
    I do know that Neosporin works well on dogs for cuts, just as it does on humans. But, don't know about rabbits.
    Please take her to a Vet.
    I do wish you and she the best.

Jan 31, 2006, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi, tinyrue,
    I do agree with the answer before mine, about taking her to a Vet.
    If the skin is split, there is a very good chance for infection.
    I do know that Neosporin works well on dogs for cuts, just as it does on humans. But, don't know about rabbits.
    Please take her to a Vet.
    I do wish you and she the best.
    Hi fredg ,
    I do have news every night we have been putting sudocrem on it and it has healed quick good . Would recommend .
    Tiny Rue:rolleyes:

Jan 31, 2006, 08:24 AM
    [QUOTE=tiny rue]hi fredg ,
    I do have news every night we have been putting sudocrem on it and it has healed quick good . Would recommend . Vet recommended it .:D and that she is overweight and she cannot turn around to wash her bum lol lost weight though thanks for you help
    Tinyrue:p
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 31, 2006, 02:31 PM
    When I first got my bunny he always had poop stuck to his bum and I could never figure out why. After numerous trips to the vet with no explanation I did some research myself. I found out that in addition to his rabbit feed he should also be eating timothy hay or oat hay. Once I started feeding him this, he no longer had a dirty bum. I also cut back his alfalfa hay to just a little sprinkling as a treat. That helped keep him a little cleaner. Like your bunny, he just isn't too interested in cleaning himself all the time. I hope that helps for future problems.

Feb 1, 2006, 01:01 AM
    :p ;) :D
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.pennell
    When I first got my bunny he always had poop stuck to his bum and I could never figure out why. After numerous trips to the vet with no explanation I did some research myself. I found out that in addition to his rabbit feed he should also be eating timothy hay or oat hay. Once I started feeding him this, he no longer had a dirty bum. I also cut back his alfalfa hay to just a little sprinkling as a treat. That helped keep him a little cleaner. Like your bunny, he just isn't too interested in cleaning himself all the time. I hope that helps for future problems.
    Hi
    We checked our rabbit last night and it healed quite good . We rang the vet but he said "if it is split you need to to put cream on (sudocream) " we sated doing that for a couple of weeks and it has finly healed
    Tny Rue :rolleyes: :(

Feb 2, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Hi
    How do I now if my rabbit is too hot??
    Tiny Rue xxxx
    :D :) :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rabbit OK outside? [ 24 Answers ]

Our family got a Lop Ear Rabbit. She is 11 weeks old. She's not tiny by any means. I am allergic to her. I was planning to keep her in a cage inside, but now I can not do that. Is it OK to put her outside in a cage? Protected from the rain. The cage does have a roof. I'm just worried about the heat...

Rabbit control [ 3 Answers ]

Is there some way to control rabbits from eating whatever they want? I've thought of trapping, but that may be endless. Thanks, Jach

My Stressy Rabbit [ 3 Answers ]

My rabbit is very STRESSY. I can't have a sit down and have a hug because when I try she just tries to bite me . I tried a lot of things and tried to disipline her but she does not take it as disapline . She probably thinks of it as a joke . Can someone help me in any at all ? Tiny Rue

My rabbit [ 2 Answers ]

Heya again , My rabbit isn't to calm she likes to jump about and nibble but if I waned to make her calmer how do I do that and how do I stop her from niping

My rabbit [ 1 Answers ]

;) hello, My rabbit is called dillie dolli and she won't let me put my hand in her cage. She lunges for my hand and it's the same when I am feeding her . What shall I do ? Also can I cliker train her to do stuff. :rolleyes: Thank you Tiny Rue:cool:

View more questions Search