Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Mar 3, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Who was Albert Berry?
    Name on reverse side of a wood block print from 1920's. To: Albert and Alfred Berry. Best wishes etc... your friend,, etc.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Are you trying to find who the people are that the block was given to, or the artist that made the wood block print?

Mar 4, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Hi Clough;

Thanks for the question. The print is artist signed and identified. I'm trying to determine the link between the artist (Hausui/Hasui) and the 2 people named on it's reverse; Alfred and Albert Berry.
    Thank you for any help. ST
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2008, 02:00 AM
    Is what is on the following link about the artist to whom you are in reference? hanga gallery: Kawase Hasui

Also, is there anything else about this wood block print that you could tell us? Such as where and how you obtained it?

Mar 5, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Print is shown on several web sites (Japanese Wood Block). This is the only print which was given to me by a very elderly neighbor. This man spoke of Mr. Berry (Albert or Alfred) as a very talented artist. One of the Berrys' was the "artist" the other a brother. I have serched American Artists without success. One other artist was mentioned by my neighbor; Forkner. Berry and Edgar Forkner were friends back in the 1940s.

All I was interested in was seeing examples of Berry's work; was he into wood block, screen, freehand? Again thanks for your response. ST

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet accress via Balck berry. [ 1 Answers ]

I have perl 8100. I want to access internet using my BB. Can any one tell me the setup instruction.

Albert pujols [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a albert pujols 2002 donruss studio masterstrokes card number ms-15

View more questions Search