Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Teller gave too much money Again!
    I have been banking at the same small bank for 26 years.
    A few months ago at 1 of the branches a new teller gave me too much money 20 dollars over. I came home called and she took it from my account. No problem she was new and I was close to the window and saw her name.

At the other branch 2 weeks ago they gave my husband 500 hundred dollars out of someone else's account... he turned arounded and took it back and the teller fixed the problem.

Last week the same teller gave him 20 over the amount he asked for but she did not take it from our account... not sure how her handled this but he was a bit pee'd off.

Today I went to the bank asked for 80 dollars and got my money packet was in a hurry to pick up kids, so I did not check it until I got to school. There was 85 dollars withdrawn and it was marked on the ticket but there was 100 dollars in the packet.

My problem is I don't want this girl to get fired... not the same as the 2 incidents with hubby. The girl that served me was a blonde but other than that I don't know which girl it was... I know the one that served hubby was dark skin with dark hair. She usually works the drive through... I'm sure she was at lunch( saw her in the p lot with a fast food bag) is she going to be balmed for this other girls mistake working her window... yikes.

Who should I talk to the bank manager... if I do I am afraid she will lose her job or do I shut up keep the money... and maybe she will learn a lesson from this amount but I don't want to feel like I am stealing. I'm not wanting to tell hubby... he was pee'd last week so I'm thinking that he is going to want to change banks. What should I do who should I tell. Or should I be quiet. The bank closes at 5:30 so I need to do something. Advice please!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Take the money back, don't steal it! While you are there talk to the branch manager about the problem with the tellers. It will only take a couple of minutes. Banking is all about customer service these days.

Then, go to a different teller or get an account with a different bank! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:25 PM
    I think I will just call and speak to the manager have her take it from my account but I don't want anyone to get fired... I feel like I need to tell her about the other mistakes but I am afraid if I do the whole lot of drive thu employees will get fired. But It is getting a little old with the money mistakes. 26 years I kind of like the bank.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Something like this has happened to my husband before with our bank. He noticed he was given about $20 over what he asked for, but didn't say anything and just figured they would subtract it from our account.

Well, they didn't subtract it. When they realized they were missing money, they put our account on hold (or something, I know our cards were no good for a while) until they could figure out exactly what happened. It stunk!

I would tell them to avoid anything like that happening to you. :)
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Bank error in your favor, collect $20 (or was it $100)?. I always wondered if that ever happened (For those for you that don't play it, it's a Monopoly chance card)

But yeah, I'd take it back in. Eventually someone has to balance the books and they will find the source of the error.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:35 PM
    I just got off the phone with the manager... she says that they have a new system and she thinks that is part of the problem. I am faxing her the ticket as we speak. I just do not want to get anyone fired... I was thinking that missing money from a bank till is a big deal. I'm thinking if this has happened to us 3 times in a month it must be happening with others. But really they need to be careful
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Well I guess I got in a tizzy over nothing. The manager was very nice she removed the money from my account, while we were on the phone and assured me that no one would get fired but she would speak to the 2 ladies involved in these mistakes. I hope they are there Thurs and next Monday when I do my banking or I will be overcome with guilt. Thanks for the advice... I wasn't up for hubby telling me to leave the bank that I have had since I was a single/unmarried woman...
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 02:58 PM
    See, it's a good thing you called the bank! I love those situations where I get all worked up, and they don't end up being as bad as I thought. :p
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 05:46 PM
    If an employee handling money is this bad, they may need to be fired from some jobs. All you can do is report it and let what needs to happen happen
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Seems as though everywhere I go people are trying to give me money that is not mine.
    Went to buy gas for the grill. The man behind the customer service desk was answering phones and had 2 other customers in line. He took my check and handed me back my recipet and 8.46 cents in change... I said I wrote a check, why are you giving me change back?. lol poor guy.
    I think I will play the lottery maybe they want to give me some money.
    tomterm8 Posts: 76, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I would change banks, to be honest, because they are incompetent and you could probably be getting much better deals elsewhere if you've been with them for that long.

As for the customer service person, report her, because she needs help before she makes a mistake with someone less honset than you are, and gets fired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

View more questions Search