Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    academy115 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 12:30 AM
    New motorola homesight problems
    Hey to any one who can help,

I just bought a Motorola Homesight camera system for my workplace to monitor off hours activity. But I want to improve the reception? I bought a highgain antenna but whin I took the old antenna off it had a wire running through a quasi antenna and not the proper hardware to hook it up. I have gone to CompUSA etc to see if I can buy a router to place and boost the siugnal but I have not received a staright answer. I want to know what I can do with out altering anything on the system! Can you offer any assistance??

Thank you,

Acad
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
    The question is what is wrong with the reception? A camera system like you are using is generally a low res system. You are going to get grainy images. If the streaming video is very choppy with freezing, that could be an issue with your network. So please give us more info about the problems so we can try to help.
    academy115 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Scott,

Here is the problem! I bought the system and the images are fine but I have the camera about 85 feet away from the base so the problem that results is that the camera goes out of communication or loses reception. So at first I thought I could just give the USB cable more length but twhen I added 10 feet it would not recegnize in any way shape or form. So is what I want to know is there anything I can put in between the wireless camera and the receiving station to boost the signal wothout modifying it in any way? Hope this clears it up! Thank you for your time.

Academy
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2006, 05:17 PM
    Ok, so the issue has nothing to do with the camera, its your network. It might help to know whether the camera is 802.11b, g or what. Also what router/wireless access point you have.

However, there are basically 3 possibilities. One is using a high gain antenna on the WAP and/or the NIC. Another would be using a repeater in between the camera and the WAP. A third might be to upgrade your system to PreN/MIMO which has greater range.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motorola song [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know the song that is played on the motorola commercial where everything folds up into the phone? Thanks heaps!

Motorola Song [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone knows What is the name of the song or who sings it on the latest advert for motorola? I think it is a kind of Asian song, I just love it and would like to buy the album but I don't even know who sings it. So please can somebody help me?:confused:

Motorola [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have a Motorola (Verizon Wireless) v325 phone and I want to transfer ringtones and pictures to and from the phone. I have Motorola Phone Tools v3 and it is too outdated and I have spent enough money on usb cables and other software. Is there any good software that WILL work, so I don't...

Motorola 850g [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hava a motorola 850r wireless router. And I can't set it up. I don't know much about wireless networking. Can someone tell me of a website that can tell me how to set it up, or give me some tips. Thanks.

Motorola GSM T720 [ 3 Answers ]

:) Hi. I was wondering. Is there something for me to connect my cellphone to my computer so I can add ringtones to it? If so,. what is it called and where can I get one? Also,. will it need software or is it a plug N' play? ~Thanks~ ;)

View more questions Search