Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Vacation Home Rental Rights to the rentor
    I rented a vacation house for 6 days in southern Florida this past Feb.
    When we got to the house on a Friday, major road construction was occurring directly outside the house. HUGE equipment was stored there over the weekend and it started right back up on Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday a man came by when we were out and walked the grounds (all requested but not told to us by the owner) for a party they were having after our stay. This man returned on Wednesday twice. On Thursday another man came as we were trying to leave the house (day # 6) to do an inspection.
    While the house was nice, our stay was very interupted by all the road work and unannounced visitors... requested by the home owner. What are our legal rights to a peaceful and uninterrupted stay? I would like at least 1/2 of our rental money back!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Road construction is beyond the landlords control, and there is no refund due you for that.

Depending on how much "trouble" the inspectoins were you may be due a small amount back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacation Rental Law [ 5 Answers ]

I own a single family resident in a residential area. I use this home as a vacation rental unit. In other words, I rent it to people who want to stay 1 night or 1 week or 1 month. The neighbors don't like it and have reported me to the city. Code Violations department slapped me with a fine for...

Vacation Rental Issue [ 3 Answers ]

My family and I have been renting a condo in Florida for the last 5 yrs. This last summer, we went down with some friends of the family who rented a unit below ours(my inlaws stay in the unit next to ours). This is a mixed property with renters/owners at the same time, and is run by a property...

Rentor rights [ 2 Answers ]

If a foreclosure takes place on the owner of said property and there is a tenant leasing the property at auction time does the renter have to vacate or do they have the right to stay until end of lease?

Vacation Rental in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

We have a lakehouse that we are beginning to set up as a vacation rental in Texas (i.e. weekend, weekly, monthly type rentals). I haven't been able to find anything online regarding Security Deposits in Texas... i.e. what can/can't be deducted, when it needs to be returned, etc. Anyone have...

View more questions Search