Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 01:28 PM
    DIVINE prophecies!
    Prophecy is the foretelling of something that is to occur in the future. It is the teaching or foretelling of future events beyond the power of natural man. Therefore prophecy that is true is a statement of facts and happenings made known ahead of time to take place in the future. Otherwise stated, prophecy is history written in advance.

Why has God chosen to use prophecy as a form of sacred pronouncement?
    How important is prophecy?
    Describe the means God used to transmit divine prophecies.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    It established the messenger/s as a truly chosen person by the Almighty.
    It helps people to discern truth from falsehood.
    Sometimes the very people to whom messengers are sent demands miracles as proof of the divine connection.Some miracles happen while the messenger is alive amongst his people,while other miracles (prophesied in the revealed texts)takes place after the messenger has passed on from this world.

Prophecies are important in that people in later generations who may not have lived the generation of the messengers may learn from the same revealed texts and understand the divine source of the message.

Directly from the Almighty to the messenger or through Angel messengers (Gabriel/Jibrael-alaihi salaam).
    And these messages are in turn either written laws or additions to already given laws through previous messengers.

Just my personal thoughts on it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Prophecy is the foretelling of something that is to occur in the future. It is the teaching or foretelling of future events beyond the power of natural man. Therefore prophecy that is true is a statement of facts and happenings made known ahead of time to take place in the future. Otherwise stated, prophecy is history written in advance.

Good question, I guess one has to first decide which god we are talking about, some may say their god talked to them though their dog.
    Ok taking it to an extreme again, but you get the idea

In the first question we are having to speak for God, as to why he did something and I don't know any of us are qualified to say why, but I am sure many of us will guess.

In prophecy we will see a action or event happen, to confirm the validity of the word given on other matters also.

Prophecy gives us a confirmation of the messages given and a sign so to speak to help base faith on.

Normally in most faiths the way it is given is by a prophet who either speaks directly to God or receives a inspired word.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    It established the messenger/s as a truly chosen person by the Almighty.
    It helps people to discern truth from falsehood.
    Sometimes the very people to whom messengers are sent demands miracles as proof of the divine connection.Some miracles happen while the messenger is alive amongst his people,while other miracles (prophesied in the revealed texts)takes place after the messenger has passed on from this world.

Prophecies are important in that people in later generations who may not have lived the generation of the messengers may learn from the same revealed texts and understand the divine source of the message.

Directly from the Almighty to the messenger or through Angel messengers (Gabriel/Jibrael-alaihi salaam).
    And these messages are in turn either written laws or additions to already given laws through previous messengers.

Just my personal thoughts on it.
    They may only be your personal thoughts but the good news is that the Bible bears them out as being true.

For any serious Bible student will find that the prophecies, hundreds of them, bear out the truth that we may have faith born out in truth that the Bible is the word of God. For who could possibly know the distant future when there was no evidence to even suggest it might come about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bible Prophecies & hindu prophecies [ 13 Answers ]

Bible Prophecies & hindu prophecies are very much similar Kalki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Need divine direction ! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , This is dipakh from mumbai, I have been unemployed from several months. Can some one guide me & reveal to me what's in store pour moi ? I hope I get some help here ! (dob 24/10/77) Rgds, Dipakh

Failed prophecies of Jesus [ 148 Answers ]

How do christians explain Jesus' failed prophecies ? Here are only two among several. Matthew 10:23, Jesus told his disciples that he would return before they could go over all the cities of Israel with the gospel. The gospel has since been preached all throughout Israel, & continues to be so...

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

Discussion Topic: Self-Fulfilling Prophecies [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have read in a few different places about these so-called Self-Fulfilled Prophecies, and I was wondering what you all thought of them. It seems to me that many people believe that your state of mind, linked closely with your self-esteem and self-confidence, may very will dictate...

View more questions Search