Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skittles20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Why am I bleeding?
    I've been taking birth control for about a year and half now and I've never had spotting. I'm not supposed to get my period until next week, but I started bleeding yesterday. I take my pills at different times each day and I missed one a few days ago, but I took two the next day (I know, irresponisble). I've only had sex once this month and we used a condom and it did not bust.
    Is it normal to just start bleeding even if you've taken birth control for 1.5 years if you don't take your pills at the same time each day? I've done this before and I've never had spotting. The color of the blood is also darker than normal.

What should I do?
    Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Mar 3, 2008, 09:21 AM
    I doubt you are pregnant if you used a condom.
    Spotting is normal if you are not consistent with the timings of your pills. Just continue to take them (at the right time of course).
    skittles20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 01:50 PM
    I called and talked to a nurse. She said that it probably has to do with missing the pill and the irregularities. She also said that all the stress I've been having lately could also have contributed to it. She said that if it happens again I should come in for a checkup.
    Thanks for your response mjl.
    If anyone else has any input, I'd love to hear it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new here and hope you could help, I am trying for a baby, I had my period (of a 28-30 day cycle)on July 31 so I used clearplan to determine my ovulation which happened on the 13- 14, been having sex day in day out since the beginig of this month. On August 18 I had bright red spotting...

Bleeding.what is it from? [ 3 Answers ]

My lab pup sleeps with my boyfriend and I at noight. Today I was changing the shets on our bed and I noticed that in the spot where the dog sleeps there were little speckles of what looked like dried blood? What could this be from? Should I be worried? Help... :confused:

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search