Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlittingPain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Can teens have true love too?
    Well I'm not an adult seeking info on teens, I am a teen and I have a question for YOU adults... what do you think?? do you think that teens can find true love too?? I'm only 14 and my boyfriend is only 16. And he says he loves me more than anything in the world and that he wants to marry me and me be the mother of his children(pretty deep huh?) and I love him with all my heart, but still I keep looking back and think of what my social teacher said "only 2% of all highschool sweethearts will marry." and that horrifies me! I want to be with I him for forever. And if that 2% keeps poping up in my head, I keep think that me and him aren't in that 2%, but anything is possible, right?? Is love meant for teenagers?? Or is it just supposed to happen?? :confused:

Tell me what you think!! PLEASE!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 09:50 AM
    You can experience true love that is appropriate for your age. For ex... when my 4 year old says he loves me, I believe him. In the context of what he knows, he loves me.

I'm not comparing you to a 4 year old, by the way.

When I was 16 I loved a girl. Dated her for 7 years. Talked about marriage, kids, etc. I loved her. Period. But as I grew, learned, matured, I realised that what is right for you at 4 isn't the same at 14 isn't the same at 24...

It doesn't mean your love is wrong. It means its limited some by experience and maturity. You don't know what its like to live outside your home... your school... you have a lot of things to experience along the way, and all of these things often change your perspective. It doesn't mean the loves you feel are wrong... they just are more right for the time you experience them...

I have had 3 great loves in my life... and maybe a fourth that almost made the cut. I loved them all. I saw a future with all of them. Time showed me that most were not going to be lasting.

And don't say you feel something different that we don't understand... everybody has been where you are at some point... we've all had a first big love... most of the time, like your teacher said, it isn't lasting. That doesn't mean it isn't special or was broken.

So... its fun to talk about the future. You are essentially trying on different roles emotionally as you talk about relationships. Just don't rush yourself, especially physically.

Glad you posted here. Glad you are thinking about it. Hope this forum helps you understand different perspectives.
    Aliya babie Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
    Love isn't something that comesz by age
    although there is a certain age where people can diffrentiate between other things and love.
    One thing to remember is feelings alwayz change. Every minute that passes by
    can have a hundresz of different feelingsz between you and your boyfriend.
    Yu'll never know if itsz tru love and getting married
    doesn't even prove that of real love because theresz alwaiz divorce:(
    but on the otherhand
    yuh could b that %2 and live for the moment
    .. don't worry about tomoro yet =)
    you've got time just have faith in him yourself and love.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
    True love is one of those terms people use to mean so many things. DO you mean "we'll be together forever"... or "we understand each other"...or "we feel so connected in such a short time"... you see the problem?

The real issue here isn't your feelings at all. Feeling "love" or even "true love" has nothing to do with what's going on outside your own hearts. There are a million things that can happen in real life to make your love for each impossible to follow through on.

That's why we say that "love is blind"... we mean it isn't always realistic to what will actually work long-term.

So, that is why we know we will love many people in our lives, many different degrees of love, but it's not until it ALL comes together the right way at the right time that we make a go at marriage... That means the love is there, the situation is such that we can support each other's beliefs, habits, goals, ambitions, geography, finances... it all works TOGETHER at some point to make your love LAST.

So, true love isn't "blind"... it sees very well. Does this make sense?
    serenitynow422 Posts: 49, Reputation: 7

Mar 16, 2008, 07:51 PM
    Okay before anyone gives you an opinion or advice on this topic keep in mind that true love is a singular feeling singular to YOU singular to your boyfriend... screw the percentage... but the one thing that teens do not realize sometimes is the maturity of their relationship and the trials that a relationship must go through and endure to last. I have a long distance relationship cda-aus and its hell tough especially when I didn't have any backing of my family but its been two years and I still cry when I think about how much I love him. True love is based on how much you are willing to give, and if you are willing to give a lot to this relationship, then I think you got yourself some very true love...
    irene94 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 01:21 PM

Are you sure you love him think about someone you really love like a parent are they on the same level as him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I know he loves me we are just teens but in love! [ 15 Answers ]

I am a young teen and in love me and him have had our moments and he flirts a lot but sometimes it seems llike he just likes me for my development... likes my boobs and other personal body parts well I let (do want he wants with them) but he acts like he doesn't so ooh well I let him because it...

Is this true love? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I am 15 and 3 months pregnant. Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year now but the down part is. He got into a little trouble from missing school and the court order him to live with his dad in Nebraska. He is my heart and soul. My better half and my true love. I have heard...

True love [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I am really down these days. Here is my whole story. I love this guy to death. I feel like he is my true love. I know him from my childhood and I used to like him then too but was distracted by other things. I am 19 and I dated two other guys till date and I finally got him. Its been 2...

Teens and Love? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so this will be a very long post but hopefully you can read all of it! I'm going to grade 11 really soon, so as you know, I'm still a teen. I've been with this guy (same age as me) for almost 3 years and we go to the same school. We met in grade 8. We started talking because both of us really...

View more questions Search