Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jomore Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Ex is seeing a lot of one of my best friends. Think I'm losing friends everywhere
    Ok, not to bore anyone with details, but my ex and I broke up a couple of months ago, and I've found it excruciating to deal with my feelings. I have good and bad days, and a couple of days ago would have been our 2 year anniversary.

I've noticed that one of my best friends is getting very close to her - they've been visiting each other every weekend, and he lives as far away from her as I do. She never came to visit me when we were together. They are very good friends, but I'm beginning to wonder if they're developing into something more.

I've not spoken to them or heard anything, but from photos I see online, they are close. I don't feel I can ask any of them if something is going on, and I haven't spoken to either in a few weeks (I've been trying to concentrate on myself).

How should I address this? Does he have a right to move in on my ex? If anything is happening, I don't think I could ever be friends with him again, but he is one of my best friends.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115

Mar 3, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Does your friend has to right to date your ex-girlfriend? Unless they changes the rules to the game, that answer is NO. There is an unwritten rule that most people follow and on the top of that list is you don't date your best friend ex-girlfriend.

You don't address it! The your so called friends that choose to date her are no longer your friends. Cut them out of your life.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 07:40 AM
    I agree with marriedguy... It is an understanding between guys that an ex is strictly off limits. Erase the friend from your life, if he asks what's going on? Just simply say "go talk to so and so" and move on. With friends like that, who needs enemies
    ZigZag07 Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

May 16, 2008, 10:20 AM
    If your friend is going to do that to you... there NOT a good friend... and you don't need them in your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
    If this is true he is no longer your best friend, and you don't address it. You move on without them in your life, if you can't handle them being together.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 16, 2008, 12:21 PM
    I agree with everyone else, you don't need someone like that in your life.

However, there is one point I want to add. You say you haven't talked to them, but you see pictures online which make you think up these things and they are obviously bothering you if you came here to post them online. I think that you need to be a little more careful and stay away from places where you might see pictures or get information about your ex. It isn't healthy and what you need right now is to move on and not be constantly reminded of what happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Losing a lot of weight [ 1 Answers ]

I volunteer every day mon-thurs and this lady brought one of those step things and apparently we walk 6.5 miles every day, but still I can't seem to lose weight, what do I need to do, eat salads all the time? Or go to the gym and get a harder work out? Any suggestions?

View more questions Search