Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msk Posts: 59, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2008, 03:19 AM
    Online scanning
    Is online scanning safe. Is there any reliable site through which we can do online scanning. Many a times pop up windows come up saying scan your computer,it is infected with virus.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2008, 03:24 AM
    In my opinion, I would say don't click on anything that says anything about scanning your computer now. Do you already have virus protection of some kind? And/or a pop-up stopper installed?

Mar 3, 2008, 07:33 AM
    Yes I have NOD 32 antivirus and also spybot. I tried scanning computer many times but no virus is found. I feel my internet is running very slow, I have dial up and using ie6. Which one is better IE6, IE7 or Firefox.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2008, 08:53 AM
    If there is a popup that says " YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED" beware

Do not click on any links or downloads -- close all windows and make sure

You have a firewall up to protect your computer and home network

Here are two online scans to run -- RUN in SAFE MODE with NETWORKING and save report

BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan

ewido - anti-spyware and anti-malware solutions

Mar 3, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scanning during pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am seventh month pregnant.I am 26 yrs old.I have a doubt regarding scanning.last time when I went for scanning doctor who was doing scanning told his colleague that (during scanning)it is a "lower case".what does it mean by that?

Scanning from HP All in One 7410 [ 3 Answers ]

I need to scan multiple documents into a single file suitable for attaching to an email. I tried Scan To MSWord, but the resultant file is too large. I don't have an option to scan to PDF (should that be available?). Can anyone help?? GaryB

Email scanning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Norton internet security 2005 I have disabled the outgoing email scan in antivirus options still its scanning the emails for threads when sending emails is there any solution ? :confused:

Scanning documents [ 1 Answers ]

I want to scan an application form to the computer, preferably to Word, and fill it out on the computer. I can get it to Word, but I can't work on it there. Thanks! rugcutter

View more questions Search