Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetipize Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Updfating a post closing trial balance into a current month.
    :confused: I was given a completed post closing trial balance for February. I was asked to set up the general journal, auxiliary petty cash, payroll register and the special journals.
    The book indicates to "be sure to update ledger accounts based on givan information in post-closing trial balance for Feb.28 before beginning." How do I begin? Do I place these post-closing entries into the one of the special journals for March? Please help.

Sincerely,

Mel
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2008, 06:59 PM
    I think what they're trying to say is to take your balances from Feb 28 and enter them into the ledgers as beginning balances for March 1. These unclosed accounts carry forward and their balances still exist, so you must have those balances in the ledger accounts. Journals never have beginning balances. (And the post-closing isn't "entries." It's just balances.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing Closing entries & Post Closing Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how you incorporate the information into these accounts. For instance, you have Capital $9,000; Wage Expenses $8500; Service Revenue $1000; and Rent Expense $1600.

Post closing trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

Is this how I do the post closing trial balance? Cash debit 6695 Accounts rec debit 1000 Supplies debit 1320 Prepaid rent debit 1650 Prepaid insurance debit 1650 Office equipment debit 9000 Accumulated depreciation credit 250 Accounts payable credit 900

View more questions Search