Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neal garvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Deducting moving expenses in Rhode Island
    In 2007 I moved into Rhode Island for a job. I deducted the moving expenses on my federal return (form 3903), and now want to deduct these expenses on my Rhode Island State return. Does anyone know if I can, and if so, where on the Rhode Island return?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Most states start with your federal adjusted gross income as the starting for their tax return.

If Rhode Island does the same, then the moving expenses have ALREADY been deducted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deducting travel expenses [ 2 Answers ]

I work at a remote site in Alaska, while there my accommodation is provided by my employer (there is no private accommodation at this site, no homes, etc). I live in Alabama. Is deducting my travel expense legitimate? By the normal IRS defination of tax home that would be the site in Alaska, does...

Moving expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I moved recently from outside USA by plane to start a new job. I also had some house good stored at one of my friends in a different state (for which I rented a car to bring back). I know I meet the time, place and other tests for applying for moving expenses. My question is can I claim the...

Moving Expenses [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's new company paid for us to move but we still had to stay at a hotel and drive to the new location in two vehicles. Can we get reimbursed on the hotel stay, meals and mileage for the two vehicles? Thanks

Moving Expenses [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US on L1 (Intra Company Transfer) on 2nd April 2006. I am in US since then. My company paid partial expenses for moving from India to US. Can I claim the rest of the amount as moving expenses ?

Moving expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a resident of the US for the entire year 2006 and moved out of the US on 16th Jan 2007. Can I claim moving expenses for the jan 07 move in the 2006 tax return? Thanks!

View more questions Search