Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Questions about angels!
    I have found a couple of white feathers in my home. One came after I asked to give me a
    Sign if I should email a man I had an argument with. Right after that I found it in my home. Than I asked for another white feather that everything will be OK between me and this man and after a couple of days I found a white feather in back of my car when I went to the store. IS my angels with my. Trying to tell me all will be OK. Do feathers have a meaning. Anyone have any experiences with feathers.. Thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 10:23 AM
    White can mean people feel they can rely on you. You have an abundance of energy and vitality.

When the angels of lost loved ones are with you, they leave a white feather to show their presence, so in the first year when the feeling of loss was at its peak, there would have been more feathers, now as time passes the angel doesn't need to visit so often so the feathers 'dry up'

A white feather was normally a symbol of cowardice.
    White feather also was used by native americans as sign of cowardice
    Men who did not willingly enlist at the start of World War I were often handed one.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Mar 2, 2008, 11:27 AM
    NOhelp4u, do you really believe that? If angels of lost loved ones leave a white feather, why don't all those who lose somebody close get one? If they don't does it mean they do not hurt as much as somebody who does get this so called feather?

I have a hard time understanding this concept, as I have never heard it said like that. I do believe in angels, to what extent, I'm not sure. However, this white feather idea is hard for me to swallow.
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Some people are more open to supernatural and some people just read more into things. I am just saying what the stuff symbolizes whether it is significant is another story.
    You ask why doesn't everybody get white feathers.
    Why doesn't everybody feel the presence of their lost loved one while others do?
    Why doesn't everybody get some kind of 'message from beyond'?

I have no idea.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 7, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Angels don't have feathers! There are some heavenly creatures that are spoken of as having wings, but these are not ordinary angels. Angel is a messenger, which is why in the letter to the 7 churches of Asia, the pastors are called angels.

Heb 1:13-14
    13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
    14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
    (KJV) Here, angels are called ministering spirits to the heirs of salvation.

Rev 22:8-9
    8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
    (KJV) Here, John starts to worship an angel who informs him that he (the angel) is a redeemed man.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2008, 06:03 PM
    The superstition or whatever it is I THINK says they leave white feathers
    I don't think it says they have white feathers.
    I am not sure though cause I try to stick with the Bible verses like Galveston quoted
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Both in the Hebrew and in the Greek portions of the Bible, the words translated “angel” simply mean a messenger or an agent. In fact, the Hebrew word for angel is almost as often rendered “messenger” and applied to humans as it is rendered “angel.” And while throughout the Scriptures the term “angel” is usually applied to spirit messengers, it is, at times, as at Revelation, chapters 2, 3, applied to human creatures.—Gen. 32:3; Jas. 2:25.

In common with man, angels are free moral agents, that is, they too have free will and can choose to do right or wrong. They are intelligent creatures that can worship God Almighty or refuse to do so and take the consequences. Some of them have rebelled against God, chief of whom is their prince Beelzebub, Satan the Devil. Those who have continued faithful are termed “holy angels” and share in the vindication of God's name, even as do faithful humans.—2 Pet. 2:4; Matt. 12:24; Mark 8:38.

Many people say they have talked with the dead. Since such experiences are so common, it is evident that many people have spoken with someone from the spirit world. But they have not talked with the dead. The Bible is very clear when it says: “As for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) So if it is not the dead who are speaking from the spirit world, who are speaking? Who are pretending to be dead persons?

Wicked spirits are. These spirits, or demons, are the angels who joined Satan in rebellion against God. Why do they pretend to be persons who have died? It is to advance the idea that the dead are still living. Wicked spirits have also led many to believe the lie that death is only a change to another life. To spread this lie, wicked spirits provide spirit mediums, fortune-tellers and sorcerers with special knowledge that only seems to come from persons who have died.

So I guess the question for you is…was the feather left by a messenger of God…or from an evil spirit?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 9, 2008, 04:47 AM
    Katie101
    From my viewpoint : No, feathers have no meaning other than that somewhere a bird is missing some feathers (or worse).
    And yes : I frequently see feathers in and around the house. With hundred billions birds around all having thousands of feathers that should not be any surprise to anyone.
    Windows are often open, a little puff of wind is enough to carry feathers into the air...
    So you "asked" for a sign, and you found a couple of feathers.
    But why would a superpotent deity blow some feathers to you?
    Why not send you a CLEAR answer to what you like to know?
    What is actually true is that you have an idea, and you desperately seem to want some input if your action and/or wish was right or wrong.
    Have more trust in your own actions and decisions. If you want everything between you and that man to be good, why not let that be known to that man?
    Do you lack so much confidence in yourself and your judgement that you need a sign for that?
    Believe in "God", believe in "angels", but foremost believe in yourself!
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 9, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Where symbolism is concerned, it is not so important what others think of these signs, but rather your own interpretation of them.

In the spiritual belief I follow, there are three levels of conciousnesS: the normal, every day, rational conscioussness; your inner child; and a higher form of consciousness, a divine consciousness so to say.

When asking for advice from a higher power, it is your higher consciousness that answers, however because our rational self is unable to comprehend such an answer, it is given to us in symbols, which are understandable by our inner child - so, your inner child is sort of a translation key between the divine and your rational self.

With that in mind, you can try to determine what these feathers mean to you, what your opinion of them is: their relation to angels, their color (white), their texture (soft?) - all these, and perhaps other things you notice about them, can help you interpret their true meaning.

What do you think it might mean..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Porcelain Angels [ 1 Answers ]

Please Help!! I bought 2 porecelain angels. One blue and one pink. They look really old. On the bottom of them it says "Jo Lee", and nothing else. I'm trying to find out more information about the angels and how much there worth. If anybody has any information or no where I could go to find out...

Guardian Angels [ 5 Answers ]

I would love to be able to 'hear' my guardian angels. Sometimes I think I do hear them but then I'm not sure if its them or just my mind. How do you know when your guardian angel is talking to you?

Different Angels? [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me a bit about angels?. Like the difference between guardian and fallen angels?? Is there regular angels... any incite would help :)

Charlie's Angels 1 [ 1 Answers ]

In Charlie's Angels 1, after Sam Rockwell is WITH Drew Barrymore and turns into the BAD GUY... He turns on his CD player & starts dancing to this awesome bassline riff (ladies might remember that he does a split). Sounds like DMX but it's not listed anywhere in the credits or on the soundtrack. I'm...

L.A. Angels [ 1 Answers ]

Sirs: My question is about a member of MLB called Vladimir Guerrero. I understand that He is from the Dominican Republic. I was wondering who His parents were, as it seems to be an unusual first name for a Spanish speaking country! It sounds like a Russian name to me or maybe...

View more questions Search