Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkhizek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Salomon's case (1987)
    In salomon's case (1987) which arguments were successful in the earlier stages and overruled by the house of lords
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Thought they stopped using this case in law school, since it has been a few months since anyone has asked about it,

1. if you merely search this site you will find 100's of posts on this subject

2. if you merely read you law study material, your teachers want you to do your own work

We are not here to do your law school study. This is a very important case law and you need to fully understand it personally, to move ahead in future studies.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Thought they stoped using this case in law school, since it has been a few months since anyone has asked about it,

1. if you merely search this site you will find 100's of posts on this subject

2. if you merely read you law study material, your teachers want you to do your own work

We are not here to do your law school study. This is a very important case law and you need to fully understand it personally, to move ahead in future studies.

I'll be even more specific - there are more and more homework questions on the Board. I did my own homework and think others should do theirs. There is even one father who is doing his son's homework but needs help (to do his son's homework - ?).

Should be an interesting group of professionals floating around in a few years!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Yes, since Solomon case is one of the basic cases under common law for civil law, a lawyer without knowledge and understanding of this, would have seroius issues. Now for those adults that do not know who to read for example, have to admit their need and learn, but we should not be helping people end up as adults without the ability to learn and know what they need to.

I could, because I did when someone asked this question several years ago, actually look it up, took me about 1 hour but I found out all the details of the case, read it, and learned a lot. So if I can do this, anyone can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1987 Honda w/CarbuertorsProblem [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1987 Honda Accord with Double Carburetors,It has 3 variation of problems 1) will start up and race up to 3000 rpm and stay there... tapping gas will only cause it ti creep up higher... diesels when turns engine off in this mode45% of time 2)the other thing it does is oscillate when you...

1987 Accord Cranks but won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My accord stalled while driving. Will crank but won't turn over. Replaced both fuel filters. There is no spark to the plugs. Could it be distributor?

1987 truck dying [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1987 Chevy Scottsdale pick up. The truck is a duel tank model. I have had this truck for 10 years now. It has always had a problem when you put the truck in reverse it would die, but would start right up and would eventually go. Sometimes it would die at a light or when letting off the...

1987 Honda needs help [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a 87 Honda Civic hatchback and discovered that the hood latch is broken. The pull arm inside the car is connected to nothing. No cable. Nada. I took it in for an oil change but the folks said they couldn't break the lock due to liability issues. I tried to do it myself, but there is...

View more questions Search