Mar 2, 2008, 12:13 AM
    "windows cannot find msconif.exe"
    Also "windows cannot find 'helpctr.exe'
    What is going on?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2008, 12:21 AM
    What are you trying to do ?
    The more information you give the better we can assist with your issue.
    samson77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 11:03 AM
    I was trying to: start - run - msconfig
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
    From you title you mentioned msconif.exe which is spelt incorrectly.
    To be honest an easier way to adjust your startup programs is a great FREE program called CCleaner, available here: CCleaner - Home

This also cleans "junk" files from your system and cleans your registry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows can not find "RVHOST.exe" [ 7 Answers ]

After load windows I Receive this message " Windows canot find 'RVHOST.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a files, click the button, and the click Search. Any help

Is "windowssystem32lsass.exe" a virus or not? [ 4 Answers ]

Good day.:) After I log-on to my user account this message pop-up "C:\windows\system32\lsass.exe cannot be located. Please specify a specific location at the Search button". After I click the Ok button, the toolbar "Run" was deleted. However, if I log-in in a different user, the "Run" toolbar is...

"dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed" on shutdown [ 4 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Dwwin.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown... I was lucky enough to capture the message using a...

An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:WINDOWSsystem32gzmrotate.dll"DllVerif [ 1 Answers ]

HI.. this things happen to me just last week. When I start up my laptop, an error message appear - (An exception occurred while trying to run ""c:\WINDOWS\system32\gzmrotate.dll"DllVerify") What is this and I can't ger rip of it!. Please help me!

Another Startup Error "missing RVHOST.EXE" [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... whenever I logon on my windows I get a message says (Windows cannot find the missing file RVHOST.EXE). Please advice me to solve this problem without formating. Thanks.

View more questions Search