Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 11:16 PM
    Love at first sight?
    Okay here's my problem.. though you are probably going to laugh at me because it is so tiny.. but here it is. There's this girl I met 3 or 4 days ago in a chat room, I've talked to her at least once every one of those 3 or 4 days. And it is so strange because the time is so short, but I know I have mega feelings for her and I am in love with her.. of course she doesn't know this yet.. My question is this, how do I break it to her that I am deeply in love with her without making things weird between us or possibly worse, endangering our friendship? And I sent her a text yesterday asking her whether emailng her is all right since I am going to be busy when university starts again... and she said its okay.. so in conclusion I have 3 questions:

1. How do I break it to her that I love her so deeply without damaging our friendship or making things weird between the two of us

2. Does letting me email her suggest anything?

3. A friend has suggested finding out if the feeling is mutual, how do I do that?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 11:38 PM
    1. You shouldn't. Anyone falling madly in love with anyone within 3 - 4 days... is crazy. It's even worse if you've never even met the person face to face.

... you mentioned college... so I'm assuming you're in your late teens... at which age you should realize that it is crazy for anyone to fall in love with anyone... 1. within 3 - 4 days... 2. without even meeting the person.

Her letting you e-mail her... may be that she wants to talk to you... it could also mean that it's really a 45 year old man who's just bored and needs "friends"

To be honest, I'm not a big supporter of relationships that blossom over the net. It's one thing to meet someone online... talk to them, then meet up in person... it's another to fall in love with someone JUST by talking to them. Anyone can tell you anything they want to tell you over the internet.

Why do you "love" this person? Because they said pretty much what you wanted to hear.. you think you vibe well with this person? I don't mean poo on your parade, but it's highly suspect. Tread slowly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 11:40 PM
    Be friends for six months. No love talk during that time. Then come back here and we will make a plan how to reveal your love for her.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Wondergirl:

Why are we always on at the same time... and it's usually just me and you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 11:43 PM
    I was JUST NOW thinking that same thing. Too bad I'm old and taken. We could have an Internet fling.

I was going to turn off my computer and go to bed, but then WOW! Sneeze is here! YAY!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Hhahahah

Ah, age ain't but a number.

Doing some damage on the forums at 2am? Rough.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 11:50 PM
    It's only 12:45 here in Chicagoland. I love following you around and reading your answers. The restraining order one was terrifically droll. Maybe I'll grab a few Girl Scout cookies while we wait for avenger9000 to respond.
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 11:54 PM
    I definitely missed out on girl scout cookies as they were selling them on campus yesterday. But I didn't feel like getting robbed by those snot nosed punks. $3.50 a box?! They think I'm made of money. Pshh.

I feel like avenger's not going to come back anytime soon.

... what do you say we hit the hay? (not together... just you... in your bed... with your husband. Me... in my bed... by myself... )
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 11:57 PM
    They are $4 a box this year. There are some really good lemon sandwich cookies, like Oreos but rectangular and lemon. Of course, the Thin Mints are to die for.

Ok, OK, *yawn* Let's call it a night.

See you around...
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Awww, sleep tight...

Lol
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 10:07 AM
    1. How do I break it to her that I love her so deeply without damaging our friendship or making things weird between the two of us
    A) Way,way, to soon for that, and its scary just knowing you feel so deeply so soon. Intense as the feelings are, I doubt that love has a part in it.
    2. Does letting me email her suggest anything?
    A) NO.
    3. A friend has suggested finding out if the feeling is mutual, how do I do that?
    A) By talking, and eventually meeting up face to face, And talking some more, and going from there. Love from a stranger you haven't met? I am so curious, as to what this love you feel you have is all about, and see a big red flag, that says you must want to be loved very badly, and hope you just don't go headlong into a brickwall, looking for it. Don't fall for a 45 year old troll with a good rap, investigate and see if its legit, by asking a lot of questions. Even then don't take theirs word as truth. They are a stranger to you, as is there motives, and agenda.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 11:12 AM
    You haven't even seen her and you think it's love at first sight? Get a grip, man.
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Mar 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    You haven't even seen her and you think it's love at first sight? Get a grip, man.
    Im sure he's seen some pictures... but they could very well not be her! Remember what happens in movies... you meet someone on the internet, meet up, go to their house/apartment and then you know, get knocked out and wake up in a bathtub full of ice, missing your left kidney... internet dating can be very dangerous... so if you two ever do meet up, take the necessary precautions. Like, meeting at a public place, never go to somebody's house so soon, even if you think over the phone its all good, Cus in the end, you never know.
    rheinhessen Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatewestseneca
    Im sure he's seen some pictures... but they could very well not be her! Remember what happens in movies... you meet someone on the internet, meet up, go to their house/apartment and then you know, get knocked out and wake up in a bathtub full of ice, missing your left kidney... internet dating can be very dangerous... so if you two ever do meet up, take the necessary precautions. Like, meeting at a public place, never go to somebody's house so soon, even if you think over the phone its all good, Cus in the end, you never know.
    Hmm, I've seen that film - but I forget the title. Anyway - he was in a coma and having a dream right before he kicked the proverbial bucket. :p
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatewestseneca
    Remember what happens in movies... you meet someone on the internet, meet up, go to their house/apartment and then you know, get knocked out and wake up in a bathtub full of ice, missing your left kidney...
    Not a movie. Happened to me in real life. Seriously. True story.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    not a movie. happened to me in real life. seriously. true story.
    Like Charlie the Unicorn?

YouTube - Charlie : Candy Mountain
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Mar 2, 2008, 04:49 PM
    uhm... I am going to come strong so sorry if I offend you... and please correct me if I am wrong ^^

THERE IS NO LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT... but yup THERE ARE LUST AT FIRST SIGHT (b.c their look is what make you come to them like and " HOW u DOING ?" right ? ^^
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 2, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Met my ex on the internet, 4 years before we met, or even talked on phone. When your just typing people tend to say what you want to hear. Love doesn't happen in 4 days.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Mar 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Ow ow ow! I hurt just thinking about the kidney.

Alrighty then, you are NOT in love. You are infatuated with words and perhaps a picture on your computer screen. I at age sixty have a way with words that could make you blush, I also have pictures -pictures are everywhere, some even in my own albums marked "1972" that may entice you on the computer.
    You wouldn't know it, and you don't know who or what is weaving the word spells you are falling for now. Remarkably no one hiccups,dresses badly, has B.O. or halitosis, is in a bad mood or is late to meeting you on a computer screen, all is bliss.
    Real is getting out and meeting people where you live, and making actual dates.
    Good Luck
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 10:13 PM
    1. Feelings are irrelevant, only face to face actions proven out over TIME. Everyone feels, everyone "loves" and in neither case has anything necessarily been proven or earned. Feelings are quaint, nice to refer to, but real life is in action.

2. Email is irrelevant. Words mean nothing without real life action to back them up, a LOT, over time. Noticing a theme here? Humans talking face to face, THAT'S how people fall in "love at first sight".

3. Doing ANYTHING based on "feelings" for someone you've never actually met, that's downright SCAREY. Give me her email address so I can warn her that you're nuts.

Or, better, chill, seriously, and start the long SLOW process of actually falling in love with a real live human.

Based on what you've said in the message alone, I suggest you turn off your computer for about 4 months. Tell your girl you're going to do it, give her a time and place to meet, then turn the computer off and leave it off. It's messing with your head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Love at first sight! [ 11 Answers ]

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Love at first sight [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, SO I first of all I am 12 years old and I am on vacation in the mountains, I am here with my family and my cusinss and my cusins has this family friend who is also 12 and we have never talked but he definitely knows who I am and I have a big crush on him. I just need some help...

What a sight! [ 3 Answers ]

I just wondered if everyone else new what they could find on this site. I was looking under FAQs and wow. It's almost scarey, you can see where everyone is on the forum. There is also a map although I'm not sure it is accurate, as there is no dot anywhere near where I am. Go figure. Anyway, I...

Love at first sight [ 3 Answers ]

Tell me about the first time you laid eyes on your pet/pets.

View more questions Search