Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Mar 1, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Getting Into Acting
    I am wanting to get into acting (like movies and Tv) How do I go about this?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Find ways to act locally--the village players or something like Chicago's Second City. Take acting lessons. Join the Toastmasters (public speaking).
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Are you currently in school? If so, what grade, please? What acting experience have you already had? Do you have any particular skills already in the arts such as singing, dancing or experience at public speaking? Are you a male or a female?

Knowing those things will help in us providing the best answers for you here. I have been in the performing arts (theater and music) most of my life. Some of it has involved appearing in programs that have been televised.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Hello P:

Hire an agent. You can find 'em in the yellow pages.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Why is he acting like this? [ 3 Answers ]

I use to like this guy who has never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl before. He did some things to suggest he liked me, and I don’t think it was wishful thinking, others agreed just thought he was shy. His friends found out or figured it out and meddled without asking me and told him Ive liked...

Why is he acting like this? [ 1 Answers ]

One night this guy and I flirted while tipsy. I happen to have a huge crush on him and have trouble acting like myself around him. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. He did flirt with me and our friends encouraged it, and some people (including ones who didn’t know about my crush) said I...

View more questions Search