Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalom94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 06:29 AM
    13 yr old NEEDS to loose weight
    I need to loose as much weight as I can in the next month!I'm 13 and (5 foot?)whats the best way to loose weight?
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Try changing your diet. Avoid eating foods that are fattening. As well start getting out doing things like jogging and swimming. This would help you out.
    How much do you weigh? How much weight would you won't to loss. If you're thinking about losing 20+ pounds it is close to imposable for your age. Keep in mind that you are young. I look forward to your reply.
    poohbear7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 12:48 PM
    I need to use weight so I can fit in a 2 piece set
    What should I do:confused: :confused:
    drnidz Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Too young for dieting :) some tips that I used to loose weight and I wtorked
    Sleep at nigh ftor at least 7/8 hours and then stay awake till night,
    Eat green veg, and fruits , less bolied rice and baked items like bread etc,
    Take folic acid tab during diet 5 mg daily
    Mutivit,
    Exercise and lots of water , aviod fats, and everything would be OK :)
    love is abby Posts: 114, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 01:42 PM
    When you find out, let me know. : )
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 1, 2008, 02:22 PM
    If you can, see your family doctor and discuss exercise/diet for weight loss. Sometimes talking to a nutritionist can help a lot too. If that isn't an option, the school nurse can probably give you some good advice on weight loss and help you figure out what your ideal weight is for your age and height. It's always a good idea to check with the doctor first before beginning a weight loss program.

Avoid sugary foods and drinks, fast foods, and processed foods. Make sure you are eating a balanced diet with all the food groups/vitamins you need. Drink plenty of water. Try to get some exercise every day if you can. Doing little things adds up too, like taking a walk around the block after school or running up and down the stairs a few times. Do you have physical education at school? If so, your P.E. teacher might be able to suggest some good exercises to tone and strengthen the body.

Don't think of it from the "when can I fit into that" perspective, think of it from the "I want to be healthy" perspective. Look at it as a lifestyle change to be the healthiest you that you can be. People have all different sizes and body types, and remember that you are only 13, your body will grow and change as you go through puberty. So don't put too much pressure on yourself to look a certain way. Just focus on being healthy and eating right. Hope this helps!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 02:52 PM
    You did not gain the weight in one month and you are not going to lose it in one month. It is imiportant to keep a proper diet and use more

If you need to lose a few pounds, and maybe tighten up a few muscles a month can work, but beyond that it is just not going to happen, and you need to start a long term program to improve some every month
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Eat small portions and more often
    Cut out all junk food, --Little Debbies, HoHo's, chips, microwave popcorn,
    Cut out all processed foods --boxed, frozen prepared, canned meals,
    Cut down or out foods that contain sugar
    Avoid all artificial sweeteners.

Eat home cooked type meals and small portions.

Eat fresh fruits, berries, vegetables.
    shalom94 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2008, 02:53 PM
    If anyone know of a website you can enter your weight and height etc. and it will give you sort of an outline on a basic food plan?If anyone does please let me know.Thank you for all of the answers!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
    You can try these see if they help any
    Teen Health and Teen Diet Program From SparkTeens.com

Teen weight loss: Safe steps to a healthy weight - MayoClinic.com
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
    As mentioned, eat healthier, which often means the first step is to cut out junk. And exercise... there is just no substitute for moving your body and changing your metabolism... not to mention it will give you a lifelong tool for keeping your body in better shape.

People who lose weight by diet alone tend to put those pounds back on in time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I loose Weight [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14 & I'm 5"2 I weigh 149 pounds can someone tell me how I can loose weight please...

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

Loose Weight [ 3 Answers ]

I really need to lose weight. Please help me, I am sixteen years old and I weigh 162 pounds. I want to loose like 20 pounds so that I can have a good bikini body for this summer and spring break. Any suggestions will help. Thank you so much.

I need to loose weight ! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I am really unhappy with my weight. My mum says I am OK so I can't really go all " I want to loose weight " on her so eating healthy ( I do anyway but extra ) is out of the question and I can only do limted exercise because I have a dodgy knee. Please help !

Loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

How do I loose weight fast and safe I work out everyday and all but its not seeming to work what should I do?

View more questions Search