Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Rh negative and early delivery
    I went to the docs yesterday and they gave me my rogam shot and when the nurse gave it to me she told me people after your first pregnancy with my blood type that it is very unlikley to carry past 32 weeks is this true my doc never told me anything about it but I think she just don't want to scare me because I am only 27 weeks and they already have me coming in every 2 weeks
    sara356 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Stormey, I have had three children and I was never told that I should expect an early delivery with any of them. I too am RH negative. I carried to 41 weeks with the first and right at 40 weeks with the other two. The only thing I was told was that being RH negative and having an RH positive baby could pose a problem for the mother during delivery. However, it is rare, especially now with the rogam injections. I never had any problems related to this. I suspect if your ob/gyn thinks that you might not carry to the full 40 weeks it is most certainly because of something other than your blood type. Again, I have never heard that.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Well I already had one at 27 weeks but that nurse did not know nothing about me she was just giving me the shot I don't know but thank you and my other 2 baby's had positive blood this one has to to right if they are all with the same guy?
    melissa1 Posts: 129, Reputation: 5

Mar 1, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I am rh negative as well and have not been told this I had my 1st baby at 39wks and am currently 22 weeks pregnant I am being seen every 2 weeks as well

Mar 1, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Well this is my third and they never told me that with my second matbe they are saying that because I had my second baby early I don't know but she said my blood type now I did have my second baby at 27 weeks due to a placenta abroution but they never said that it was anything to do with my blood type I'm not sure and I know with my first kid I had at 39 weeks I did not start going every 2 weeks until I was 32 weeks that's why I was a little neverous but thank you so much for your help
    sara356 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Stormey, it is very likely that if your other two children have been RH positive your unborn child will be as well. It is not a fact but most likely. All three of my children inherited positive blood from their father as well. However he or she (don't think you've mentioned the baby's gender) could carry your type of blood. Meaning for example, their father could be AB positive and you could be O negative and your children could carry O positive blood. Hope I haven't confused you. In contrast the fact that you had a previous pregnancy with complications(placenta abruption) suggests the reason why your ob/gyn has you already coming to the office every two weeks. Most ob docs take special precautions with women in the latter weeks of pregnancy anyway but especially if they had problems such as yourself. Hope this helps in some way and good luck to you throughout the rest of your pregnancy and the delivery. Hope all goes well and you get a healthy baby.

Mar 3, 2008, 04:34 PM
    This one is a girl my other 2 where boys and thank u so much for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Periods After Delivery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... thanks for your time I delivered in Jun 07, and my baby is 7 months old now. I had periods, little on heavier side, only ONCE. It has been more almost two months now that I have not had periods. I am breastfeeding. Is this normal. Please suggest.

Period after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am 38 and my wife is 34 she gave birth to second baby on 24-11-06 . Till now she don't have the monthly period , usually what much of time is needed for the period after the delivery. I am afraid that whether my wife is again pregnany ? Please tell me the time for first period after...

Periods after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is leena jain here, I'm new to this site. I have a query, I'm really worried please let me know as soon as possible. I delivered a baby girl vanshika on 27th may 2006 and at that time I bled for 1.5 months but since then its almost 11 months I haven't still got my periods, I want to...

Delivery room [ 14 Answers ]

I have a delivery question. I am having my 3rd baby in April. I am a very shy person when it comes to the delivery room. And a very firm beleiver that only my husband and doctors and nurses should be in the room. This is my husbands first child, and he isn't one for the blood and all. So he...

10 weeks after delivery [ 1 Answers ]

10 weeks after delivery- bleeding heavily - but still within guidelines given to me by my ob - no ememrgency. I have bled lightly once a week or so since delivery. Had an ultrasound that revealed a little bit of lining of my uterus still left. OB said it wasn't a problem. Am I just having my...

View more questions Search