Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gascoupe1933 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 03:57 AM
    Do I need to bleed my hot water system?
    Hi. I had to replace a leaking shower hot water handle. I closed the valves and drained the water from the bathroom sink and shower. Got the shower handle replaced with no problem, but now my heating system sounds funny; almost like it is draining. Also, the hot water is constantly running through the system. It's a hot water radiator system that runs off my furnace. I cannot find anything leaking. I have hot water through the whole house and the heat is working.

I'm wondering if maybe I got air in the plumbing? Maybe I need to bleed the system?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Yes air could have got into the plumbing but usually if you run the water or bleed the system it will correct itself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find bleeder valves to bleed hot water heat pipes [ 2 Answers ]

We've just bought a 50-year old home with baseboard hot water heating. I know how to bleed pipes and radiators to release air blocks, but I can't find any bleeder valves in the "usual" places at either end of the copper pipes. :rolleyes: Sounds silly, I know... Would they be located...

How to bleed the hydraulic clutch system [ 1 Answers ]

How do you and where do you bleed the hydaulic clutch system

Bleeding hot water system [ 1 Answers ]

I have two rooms that are cold both rooms have baseboard rads,and are n the same room no bleeder valves but I see a spicket valve ( like outside hose valve)next to the zone valve how do I bleed this type of line my two other zones are fine thanks

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

View more questions Search