Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflyforever Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Communication
    Men don't like to talk... that I know about a lot of guys.. so what are some ways to help a man to communicate better after an argument ( esp when there mad about the issue or offended) instead of avoidance or a silent treatment or even just walking away?
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Feb 29, 2008, 11:52 PM
    I think this is something that guys need to develop as time goes by... its like a maturing thing. For example, I have no problem expressing my thoughts and opinions before, during, and after an argument... Although I consider myself a little more mature than most guys. But I do remember a few occasions where I used silent treatment, mostly because the reason for the argument was something the lady did, so I felt it was necessary for her to talk more and apologize and whatnot.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:02 AM
    I don't know about it just being a mature thing.. Ive seen it in men in there late 20s 30s and 40it comes in all ages so when do they mature lol.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2008, 12:58 AM
    I would suggest telling the man that you are having a particular challenge with something and that he is the only one who can help with solving the problem. This does two things, it indicates to the guy that it is a problem that you are having and also that he can potentially feel good about himself because he can be a part of helping you to solve the problem that you are having. It's called winning without intimidation. Just my thoughts...

Mar 1, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Ahh I like that one.. going to try that!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
    After an argument... wait till he cools off, and can think about it.
    drnidz Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2008, 01:05 PM
    I think you should start give him 2/3 options not specificly but generally like I think that could be a reason we fought etc to break the ice , when someone is silent it means he needs space
    AJVANLAERE Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
    Give a few minutes with himself. I do that and when I need a few minutes it helps then talk it over with him and see where you went wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Network communication [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small office setup having one desktop with win XP professional, and two laptops with win 2000 sp4 and also a HP printer 5100 tn. All the above hardware is connected to a ethernet switch via ethernet cable ( cat 5) 1.I am able to ping form laptop(A) to another laptop(B) 2. I am able to...

Written communication [ 3 Answers ]

Choose the word below that's highly connotative: A-man, B-house, C-tree, D-mother-in-law

Communication [ 7 Answers ]

Why won't my boyfriend communicate with me about his feelings and thoughts?:(

Strategies of Communication [ 2 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

View more questions Search