Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Feb 29, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Sibling Rivalry?
    My husband had a bitter divorce about 12 years ago. He said his brother interfered during the divorce, with his children and their visitation. This has caused so much friction that my husband will not attend family functions at the same time as his brother. My husband deliberately goes out of his way to avoid his brother by visiting with each of his other family members individually. My husband is usually extremely laid back, the passive non aggressive type who keeps to himself. However, lately he has had no problem telling me, and anyone who will listen, about what an a**hole his brother is. His brother in my opinion is immature and mean spirited. This feud is tearing their family apart. I stopped going to my husband's family functions about 5 years ago. I just couldn't handle the drama. My husband and his brother are both over 40, stubborn and set in their ways. I thought things would improve with time but I guess I was wrong. Does anyone have any opinions?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 07:04 PM
    It's your husband's problem and it's between hm and the rest of the family. It doesn't concern you. But be supportive and back up your husband.
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Feb 29, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Seems the only way this kind of feud will stop is one of them gets seriously ill or worse that usually brings people back to their senses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sibling of an inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

I'm worried about an inheritance. Our father will be receiving an inheritance and I looked up about an inheritance in California that there is no tax below 1.5 mil. But what happens when father gives portions to siblings. How much would we need to pay into taxes.

Sibling custody [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get custody of my younger sibling. She is in a foster home and I'm going to be 19 and I would like to get her. How do I do that?

Puppy rivalry? [ 2 Answers ]

I wonder if anyone can advise... Our Dogue De Bordeaux puppy Dillan, is 13 weeks old and is normally full of mischief. On Friday we brought another puppy of the same breed aged 8 weeks called Stanley. Things got off to a good start. They were constantly playing and we never fussed one more than...

View more questions Search