Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    456rc1234qz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Credit Card Lawsuit
    I had a subpoena attached to my front door advising me of a lawsuit being brought against me by a Credit Card "Discover" and demanding that I appear in court in 10 days.
    What is my obligation? My expenses far outway my income these days. Thanks!

:mad:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Well I would go, if you don't they just win automatically. And if you think your expenses outway your income, wait till they garnish 1/4 of your income and see how bad it gets

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawsuit over credit card in PA [ 5 Answers ]

I am being sued by a monster law firm. I was served papers on 1/22 and am trying desperately to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, I am disabled right now and I have my hearing for Social security next month, which is why I was unable to pay for my cards in the first place (I haven't worked...

Teaxas Credit card lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued for a credit card debt of $4500 in Houston Texas. I am 100% disabled, I receive Social Security and Veterans disability, and a $145 pension. I do good to make ends meet month to month with the help from my disabled daughter. What can they get from me and can they take my checking...

Do I have a Lawsuit against credit card company [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I had a credit card with chase for a long time,over 15 years I believe. My husband is havig an affair with another women and took out credit card in his name using her address and phone number.Chase can see there are 3 credit cards,One in my name and two has her name and address. ...

Credit Card lawsuit in Texas [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Texas, are there any laws protecting me from credit card lawsuits? What can't they take I

Lawsuit concerning credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued in local court by a lawyer representing a credit card company for a outstanding balance owed, with the last activity being 2 months short of 4 years. The amount I am being sued for has ballooned to over $3000.00 more than the original debt without including lawyer's fees in the...

View more questions Search