Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    butterflyforever Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Grain free diet
    I was looking into Wellness Core... for my dog she eats there Wellness Super mix but she has a lot of waste that I don't think she should have poo about 6 times a day!! I was wondering if that is grain related... and is too much protein bad.. for a cocker spaniel or a poodle. Can anyone tell me about grain free diets if it is safe... or should I just try maybe Candaie or Natural balance with the grains ( I am only interested in organic type diets).. all I know is the Wellness super mix is way too much waste for a small dog.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Here is a search engine that may help

natural pet food - Google Search

These sites may be helpful
    Protein Requirements and Meat Diets for Dogs and Cats in ThePetCenter.com

are grains necessary in dog food - Google Search

Oils
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
    It is very hard to formulate a complete and balanced diet without some kind of a carbohydrate. It sounds like your current chow isn't the right one for you dog. While most dogs will thrive on most chows, there isn't any diet all dogs will thrive on. I don't know what is in your current chow, but I would look for something that has both a different protein source and a different carbohydrate. If you are feeding a typical lamb and rice, try a chicken and barley or even duck and potato.

I trust very few websites. Most of them are backed by somebody selling something. A site with balanced links, ones I both agree with and don't, is http://www.woodhavenlabs.com/articles2.html#nutrition As far as I know, they are selling dogs, not dog chow.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 08:35 PM
    My mother in law feeds this to her dog and she has only 1 - 2 poo's a day. She has been on this food for over a year now. *edit*She divides the amount into 2 feedings. BLUE Healthy Dog Food — Adult Small Breed Dog Food
    butterflyforever Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2008, 05:26 PM
    We are going to switch to Wellness Simple Version cause I really like the Wellness products and they are so nearby and cost efficient for me, its seems like a more simple formula for her stomach might work! Thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Reading against the grain? [ 3 Answers ]

What is that? My English homework is to read an article, but we have to read it against the grain. HELP... :eek:

Lyrics for: Unless a grain of wheat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everybody, I wonder if anyone can help me find the lyrics for "Unless a grain of wheat". It is a religious music. Your help is "greatly" appreciated.

Flour/Grain bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know who to stop these pesky grain bugs that get into your flour and grain products? I have tried the spearmint gum trick, and that does seem to work a little bit, but isn't there something better?

View more questions Search