Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daropa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
    How to revoke x wife's green card based on marriage fraud
    I have been married for 10 years, two and half years after we were married she admitted she was illegally. After all is said and done we are going through a divorce now and a lot of information is coming out such as she did what she needed to do to get attached to an american for the purpose of acquiring a green card because she didn't want to go back to her country to the point there is a question of pertinity with my son.he may be mine or he may be another illegals child. At this point I don't know. I am basically being fleeced. She never paid one single bill never contributed to the down payment on my home and never made a single mortgage payment I have been paying 100% of everything the whole time. Now she expects to get the house and everything I own given to her and expects me to pay 100% of her lifestyle on top of everything else. The first thing I need to do is to try to have her green card revoked on the basis of fraud, she lied to me for the purpose of getting a green card. I do not know how to go about doing this. Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated! Please e-mail me ASAP with any information you could provide at [email protected]. My son's future welfare is at stake. Thank you.
    jespinoza1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Feb 29, 2008, 07:36 PM
    HI,

Well if what you are saying is true. I would first take a paternity test to find out weather or not your son is really your. But before that I would ask myself would it really matter? Will I love this kid no matter what? Remember your son never asked for any of this and in the end what you decide to do can really only hurt him or not. Say you contact immigration and you can prove that what your saying is true. Your wife will either do jail time or be deported back to her country. How would that help your son. Or even worse she could get deported and take your son with her. Can you really do that to him. I would try to think of other ways to get around the situation without having to make it an immigration fraud case. Only because you do have a son and weather he is or he is not I'm sure that the bond you have with him, is much stronger than the anger you feel towards your wife.
    I understand that your angry and what she did was not right, I also agree that she should not get the house and everything else she want. So what I think you should do is talk to a lawyer and get some legal advice. From what I know, everything you have accumulated during the corse of the marriage is rightfully both of yours, so if you put up a good fight she will only get half. Does she work, cause believe it or not men can file for alimony to and win yup, my father in law did it and he won. Your son is innocent though and deserves you support (financially). But what you can do is file for joint custody or try to have him with you more than she does and you can either file for child support from her or because you have him just as much as she does equal out. Remember cases like these are not easy so you will have to be willing to put up a good fight, as well as fork out lawyer fees. When it come to the house, the judge can either request the house be sold and the money from the sale be split between the two, or either one of you can buy each other out. In the end it is your decision but I suggest that you not make the divorce harder than what it is going to be already because your son does not deserve that. Especially if you decide to go trough with a paternity test, and he is shown to not be yours, the damage to a child with that kind of impact is just heartbreaking, you do not want him to go through that do you?
    daropa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:21 PM
    My son is an american citizen and regardless of paternity he is my son. There is no chance of him being deported. My goal is to revoke her green card and get her away from my son because she is no good for him. She uses him only as a pawn. I want custody of my son and bring him up right with a proper education. I had him in a private school that was meeting his educational and emotional needs(adhd) and she litterlaly kidnapped him from me to use as leverage. The way the laws are in Florida she has the ability to keep him for now and what she is doing to him emotionally I can only pray at the point the damage is not permanent until I can get in front of a judge and sort everything out with my laywer
    jespinoza1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Mar 1, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Your wife may not be the best parent in this situation to have full custody of your son at this point, but proving her unfit is going to be really hard. Judges are usually in favor of the child staying with the mother. I totally understand where you are coming from when you say she uses him as a pawn. Many woman use that technique to get what they want, but that is not good enough when presenting your part in court. Do you think that your wife loves your son? The reason I am asking is because here is a valid point you can bring up to the judge. She married you for her green card and stated that she did what she had to do, to the point of barring a child in a loveless marriage. She doesn't love your son, and she felt that having a child during the marriage would make the whole scheme more believable. She now only wants him so that she can continue to manipulate you and the system. Yes being able to support your son and give him the education he deserves is a good thing, but just because she does not have as much money as you does not make her unfit. You should keep a note pad of every thing she does that you feel is not adequate parenting with dates and times, so that you can have a list of evidence when presenting your case. Also the changes that you see in your son should be noted and try to record telephone conversations, a lot of times people can incriminate themselves and you don't have to do anything (I don't know if they would stand up in court, but it's worth a try). I wish you luck you sound like a really good father, there are not many out there, and remember you have more rights than you think. Many men before you have fought for the rights that you have, don't give up. Look for a lawyer who specializes in men custody battles, there are some whom are dedicated to just that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife's credit card from along time ago [ 10 Answers ]

I recently put my wife on a new checking account I've opened. Upon reviewing my account I noticed a withdrawal transaction to the tune of $2600.00 . The transaction description was SUBPEONA. When I went to the bank I was informed of a judgement. After contacting the attorney resonsible for the...

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I just got my temporary Green card for 2 years by marrying American citizen. But my husband took off and I don't know where is he now ? Maybe he'll come back during those 2 years, but what if not ? How can I still get a Permanent Green card after those 2 years ? Can I divorce him and still...

Credit Card fraud [ 8 Answers ]

I paid off a credit card last yr and 3-4 months later the credit card company reopened my account without my consent. I later had to get my credit report pulled to then realize that I was 30 days late for payment. Automatically a red flag went up because I never pay my bills late and guess what,...

View more questions Search