Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Setting Up LAN
    I have an XP computer and a VISTA computer. Each connect to internet by a D-Link DI-604 router and a Motorola 5220 cable modem. Each computer is connected to internet separately, not one connected through other.

I would like to setup a LAN so that they can talk to each other.

XP machine also has printer and would like to share printer. What would be easiest way to
    Establish LAN. Both computers in the same room. Would USB Bluetooth dongles and a wireless connection easiest. If I put a USB Bluetooth dongle on the printer would I need a print server?
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Mar 4, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Try these step by step instructions for getting Windows Vista and XP to work together.
    Also, if they are both plugged into the same router you already have a physical network between the two, so no issues there. If you have the printer hooked up to one PC already then once you finish with the above steps you can right click on the Printer, select Sharing, and share the printer out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lan [ 2 Answers ]

What are the color config. Of cable for connecting a switch to a hub in LAN.. Tariq... Electronics Engineer.

Lan To Lan Internet Sharing Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Tnx for reading.. hope you can help me.. here is my question with all the information I can think.. I have 2 computers I'm using windows XP SP2 I don't have any router or switch My 1st computer have an internet connection with 2 lancards My 2nd computer have no internet connection with...

LAN to LAN via Internet... [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, First hope that I'm not causing heaache for you... If not please continue... I'm building up another Domain(no forests and no trees), that domain will be in another location. So I'll have two local area networks, where each of them is in a totally different and distant...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

View more questions Search