Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drrandell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Spitting Hot Water
    In our bath sink in detached garage, the Hot water spits, coughs. Starts about 10 seconds after turning it on and continues for 30 seconds. Garage has it's own water heater. How can I stop it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Have you drained your heater lately? Put a hose on the drain valve and open the valve for sveral minutes with the supply water still turned on. Did the hose quit spitting?
    lanegang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
    We have a manufactured home on a well. More often than not my hot water spigots spit rather violently. I always get covered with water and anything sitting in the sink and have ruined many clothes. It does not always do and will sometimes go for months with no problem but when it goes through its cycle it makes me consider moving! It makes me swear every time.
    Thanks
    Janice Lane
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 11, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Are you on a municipal water system or a well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Water spitting and sputtering [ 1 Answers ]

I have Wellsaver 20 gallon water tank and a shallow well pump from Home Depot, not sure of the brand name. When I turn on the water, it spits & sputters for a few minutes every time its turned on. I have replaced the check valve & that did not fix the problem. Do you have any idea what could...

Loss of hot water in shower when hot water is used by sink [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our basement bathroom/shower. We have the whole thing gutted and can see where the cold water pipes come into our house. We want to fix the problem we have of when taking a shower, no one can use any hot water because the shower momentarily gets cold. Once the...

Hot water run in bathroom cuts out hot water in kitchen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, Currently in our bungalow, if we run hot water in the bath & also run hot water in the kitchen tap, after a few seconds water from the kitchen taps stops. If we turn off the bath tap, water still refuses to flow from the kitchen tap. My wife knows a little about the history of the...

View more questions Search