Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiscuddlebug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Redness, medicated cream. Red bumps and itchy
    a few weeks ago I went to the doctor and he asked me if i wanted some face creme for my face. OF COURSE I want face creme. I would love for the redness of my face to go down so I can have normal skin. He gave me creme and on the packet insert it says use two-three weeks twice a day. I DID THAT. Stop use if your face dosen't get better and if you have any problems go back to your doctor. I used it for a week. JUST A WEEK and my face has been ten times as worse. Its solid red and my chin and cheeks are broken out like bad. Honestly there big red bumps and then I have little bumps and it feels awful and it itches. I thought maybe it was a side effect from the creme to begin with but I have no idea anymore I keep waiting for it to go away and it hasn't. I don't know what to put on it or just go back to the doctor .shrugs. any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
    You didn't say exactly what you went to the doc for. Was it for roscacea; a skin condition where you have redness on nose, cheeks, chin, etc. I believe only a dermatologist can deal with this condition because not everyone is the same, so a medicated cream wouldn't suit everyone. More information would help.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiscuddlebug
    a few weeks ago I went to the doctor and he asked me if i wanted some face creme for my face. OF COURSE I want face creme. I would love for the redness of my face to go down so I can have normal skin. He gave me creme and on the packet insert it says use two-three weeks twice a day. I DID THAT. Stop use if your face dosen't get better and if you have any problems go back to your doctor. I used it for a week. JUST A WEEK and my face has been ten times as worse. Its solid red and my chin and cheeks are broken out like bad. Honestly there big red bumps and then I have little bumps and it feels awful and it itches. I thought maybe it was a side effect from the creme to begin with but I have no idea anymore I keep waiting for it to go away and it hasn't. I don't know what to put on it or just go back to the doctor .shrugs. any suggestions?

I suggest you go back or call the doctor, anytime you use face cream and it burns or itch, and leave big red bumps it can mean the ingredients in the medicine are irritating your skin.. I would suggest you call your doctor as it has only been a week to find out if this is a normal reaction for the first week, and see if you should continue taking the medication... Don't be afraid to ask questions.. Its better to get a doctors insight.. then to guess.. Professional advice is highly recommended.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hiscuddlebug
    You need an ointment called betnovate. In ointment not cream. It will work wonders
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
    You are having an allergic reaction to the face cream you started using. Discontinue using the cream and consult your dermatologist as soon as possible. Tickle is correct, only your dermatologist can treat this condition.
    hiscuddlebug Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 08:04 PM
    I went to the doctor because I was sick and while he was examining me he asked me about my face and the redness and dryness and asked if it bothered me. I told him sometimes it does and dosen't so he gave me a prescription for some medicine which came in a yellow and white tube. I used it for about a week, twice a day and after that I started breaking out. I wasn't sure if it was the medicine or if it was just my skin. Its gotten worse since then. Im going to make me an appointment but I just wanted to ask anyway. Thank you all for the advice :]]
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 29, 2008, 10:30 PM
    He didn't tell you if it was roscacea or eczema?
    The only thing I know that is good for skin irratations like these is essential fatty acid like omega or flaxseed oil and use vitamin E skin lotion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are these Itchy Red Bumps? [ 17 Answers ]

Itchy bumps appear on face out of no where I can just be sitting at my desk at work a part of my face starts to itch its like a mesquito bite even if I don't scratch it can swell. I don't use commercial products on my face only natural ingredients (literally stuff out of my kitchen). I laid my head...

Itchy red bumps [ 3 Answers ]

Have been suffering with red bumps all over that itch like hell. All lead to hives but all recommended measures of relief have no effect. Doctors can only prescribe antihistamines. None of them work. Wondering if it might be something else?

Ichenss,redness,bumps,discharge coming from my vaginal [ 2 Answers ]

I have itcheness,redness,small red bumps that itch and I don't no what to do I think that the bumps are bleeddind and I am discharging I don't no what to I am scared to see a doctor

Itchy skin,red bumps [ 9 Answers ]

I can't stop itching all over and when I do I get these red bumps and some get big with pus in them

Tiny itchy red bumps that dry up in a day or two [ 2 Answers ]

I have tiny red itchy bumps that pop up on my ankles, legs, back, stomach and pretty much that's it. They come up individually and also in clusters at times. They pop up suddenly, itch more at times than at other times and then dry up within a day or two. The bumps are about the size of a head of...

View more questions Search