Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mirandycc Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 29, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Unsure on what to do?
    I am nineteen, and I want to go to college really bad!! The problem is that I have a child so I have to work a full time job. I could do online courses, but I am unsure as to how to get all of that started. If any one can provide any information I would really appreciate it. Also information on scholarships, and government grants would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!! :) :D :) :D
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Wow, I applaud you for having the drive to further your education. I think I would suggest that you look into a community college as a start. Depending on what you want to do, most if not all credits can be transferred to a 4 year college later. Community college is also usually a lot less cost per credit hour. My daughter just started back to school for her masters. She has a lazy husband and two kids. It can be done, just takes a lot of drive.

Feb 29, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Thanks. I need something online though so I can still spend time with my baby
    ProfessorR Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandycc
    I am nineteen, and i want to go to college really bad!!!! The problem is that i have a child so i have to work a full time job. I could do online courses, but i am unsure as to how to get all of that started. If any one can provide any information i would really appreciate it. Also information on scholarships, and government grants would be appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!!! :) :D :) :D
    First step is to tell us a little about what your intended major is and how you plan to use the degree.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 09:17 PM
    There are several good online schools and 100's of bad ones, if you would tell us what field you are interested in we can recommend a few good ones. Once you find one, they will have people who can help with applying for various grants and loans.

Mar 3, 2008, 07:08 AM
    I want to major in accounting, or business management
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Mar 3, 2008, 08:46 AM
    I was 17 when I had my first child I always wanted to be a travel consultant I though I had no hope o ever doing this someone told me you can achieve any thing if you put your mind to it.
    I went to college gained my qualifications got a job and then became maager of a travel shop.

I now work from home and never regret any decision I made most of the time at college I was tired had no money and really wanted to give up.
    Do not know how thecollege and stuff works in America but I hope you get what you want I did.
    amandasmith Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 09:24 AM
    As for scholarships, I would recommend fastweb.com. You enter all of your information, what you are interested in, etc. and they send you hundreds of possible scholarships. You just have to decide which ones you want to fill out. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure... [ 2 Answers ]

I have not missed a period... I take the pill on a daily basis have not missed a day. The past 4 or 5 day I have had a terrible neausa feeling... I talked to my mom she said could be pregnant, so I took an ept test and the results were positive. Is this possible? How correct are the ept tests.

Unsure what to do ? [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy he's my best friend but he has a girlfriend but all does is complain how much they fight I am always his shoulder I like him and I hate seeing him hurt I am confused on what to do I have known him forever :confused:

Still unsure [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks for the prompt reply, but what website do I go to?

Unsure [ 39 Answers ]

This is regarding the end of my 4 year relationship. My ex and I, have now been broken up for a few months now. We broke up out of the blue, he said he needed a break and left my house crying. I never heard from him until a week later, and he said he no longer loved me, and has not for 2 years. He...

View more questions Search