Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Feb 29, 2008, 01:10 AM
    The way you dress, really a BIG deal?
    Is it really a big deal for girls? I don't want this to sound like I have no style, but I am NOT a "preppy" guy. I do however wear nice cholthes, but for some reason the girl I am seeing has some kind of hang-up about the way I dress. I have never had this kind of problem before and it really bothers me. The girl and I have a lot in common and have a great time, but she has brought up twice that I "don't dress like the guys that she normally dates".

Shortly after she told me I "don't dress like the guys she normally dates" she told me she "needs some time to get over her EX". It doesn't really bother me about her EX, but I have never run into the issue on "dress" as a problem. She is VERY "preppy" and I have more of an "indie" look I guess.

Dress has never really been an issue with me with girls, and I don't really get the issue here. She tells me I am "metro" but my frieds don't even get that statement, so I don't know how to take it.

Is dress really an issue with women, or is this girl just looking for a reason not to date me?
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 29, 2008, 01:24 AM
    Hey there!

I think personally think if someone had an issue with the way I dressed I wouldn't want to be with them!

I do not like people trying to change me!

I think you will find a girl who like you for you! The way you dress is part of what makes you... well you!
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Feb 29, 2008, 01:36 AM
    I totally agree. The way I dress is who I am! I really put a lot of thought into how I present myself, and I don't think people get that. Don't get me wrong... I shower, wear calogne, and rock nice clothes... but for some reason she has some hang-up about the way I dress. She hasn't said "I don't like the way you dress" but she HAS said to me twice "I have never dated a guy that dresses the way you do" and I take that as a problem with her. Don't get me wrong, I wear nice clothes, and try to take care of myself... but it seems to be some kind of issue that I shop at AIX instead of AF... I don't get it.

This girl and I have A lot of things in common, and have a great time together but I get the feeling that I am not what she is looking for in the clothing department. I don't get the whole "dress' thing though, I have NEVER had this type of issue with a girl before so it kind of bothers me... if anything I normally get complimetns on the way I dress.

Is this girl just SUPER shallow or is dress really that important to a girl?
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Feb 29, 2008, 01:44 AM
    I personally don't think it's a big deal the way a guy dresses!

It obviously is to some girls but they aren't the people I choose to surround myself with!

I wish you luck with this situation!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 10:46 AM
    I think she is telling you to upgrade, for her, and how much time you have to do so, is up to her. She may be nice, but tread lightly, she is a little demanding, and is trying to change you, albeit gently, for now. Yes, it matters to some females how we dress. That's just the way it is. Kind of snooty in my book.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Big deal [ 1 Answers ]

How does the principle in saloman's case raise problems in corporate groups? When u answer it, Answer with reference to walker wimbourne and equiticorp finance ltd v bank of NZ..

What's the big deal? [ 7 Answers ]

What's the big deal about weddings anyway? You spend a lot of time and money on something that lasts maybe an hour or two. Then what? You might be in debt afterwards. Why not use that money to put a down payment on a house or something like that. Marriage is marriage, is it not? Why the need...

What's the BIG deal? [ 2 Answers ]

I asked my dad if I can get my ears gaged. He said hell no! Im getting them done anyway. Why wouldn't he want me to get them done? I really want it. I even saved up money to get them done. I don't see what's the big deal. He said its not a going to get me a goood name?:confused:

No big deal [ 2 Answers ]

On Tomb Raider Legends, I was on the level where you ride your bike in the snow to catch a train, and I got to the part with the tulsa coils. I finished the whole tulsa coil thing and when I was going out of the room I fell, but didn't die. I tried to get back to the main part but the door isn't...

View more questions Search