Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brilyn31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 12:02 AM
    Hippa Laws
    It was recently brought to my attention that my manager discussed my mental health issues in front of another co worker and asst. manager. The asst. manager warned him of discussing my issues and was quoted as saying:eventually someone may find out about your constant releasing of personal and health info to other co workers. Is this a violation of the HIPPA Laws regarding my health issues.?
    cowgirlaz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I used to work for a hospital... I thought this was a hippa violation but I looked it up just in case... I think page three of the following link should answer most of you questions... but read on for more info... good luck...
    http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacysummary.pdf
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 29, 2008, 07:44 AM
    No its not a HIPAA violation since your manager is not your health care provider. However, it is a serious breach of ethics and may violate company policies. How did he know about your issues?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HIPPA violation? [ 7 Answers ]

I was recently transported via ambulance from my place of employment to the emergency room. Before the ambulance arrived, the office supervisors were available to me to inquire if I needed anything, which at that time I did not. The supervisor in question of violation stated, "you know there're...

Workman comp and hippa laws [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was hurt pretty bad on his job at nso fault of his own. After waiting 3 months we finally were able to go to an orthopedic trama surgeon. While at the appointment, the case nurse was upset because she wasn't allowed to go into the exam room with my husband, the doctor and me. She told us...

Workmans comp & hippa laws [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend filed a workmans comp claim against the company we both work for approximately a year ago. Since he works in a very small dept. this required the company to fill his hours with overtime. When the individual was no longer willing or able to cover my boyfriend's hours, this particular...

View more questions Search