Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlanier1002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 09:34 PM
    1099 MISC - Lost Travel Receipts
    I was issued a 1099 MISC form and was required to travel several times throughout the year. Unfortunately, I misplaced several hotel receipts. If I have corresponding receipts, i.e. airline, rental car, and miscellaneous receipts, that prove that I did travel and can establish length of time away from home, is there any way to still claim the hotel expense? Is there a "standard deduction" for lodging like there is with meals and entertainment expenses? Any help is appreciated...
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Yes, you can claim the hotel anyway, as long as the hotel costs are not unusually high.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 (w2), cpt (1099 misc), opt (1099 misc) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am f1 student from india. I was working in my school in Louisiana on w2 from January 2007 to may 2007 and my gross earning was $4200 ( net pay: $3149.35, state tax withholding: $167.85, federal tax withholding: 48.85). currently I am working in my cpt for an employer in Texas who is...

1099 misc [ 4 Answers ]

I have nonemployee compensation reported on 1099 misc form (box 7)from oil and mineral rights. I am retired and have never been to the site of this oil well. Do I have to report that income on Sch. C and pay social security and medicare taxes on it as well? Thank you for your answer.

1099 Misc [ 1 Answers ]

I received a 1099 Misc for some social work I did for a company. They reported it as nonemployee compensation. I'm not sure if that is right though. While I was employed with this company I assisted mentally ill clients. There was specific paper work I had to fill out which was then...

1099 Misc [ 3 Answers ]

Is the small stipend that a homeowners association pays the treasurer and secretary required to be reported on a 1099 for income tax purposes?

1099-misc [ 1 Answers ]

I filed my taxes and shortly thereafter realized that my 1099-MISC income for contract work was incorrectly reported under box 4 (Federal Income Tax Witheld). So, instead of my 1099-MISC showing nonemployee income, it showed that total as being Federal Income Tax Withheld. Do I just let this go...

View more questions Search