Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused_On_Color Posts: 97, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Bleaching/Dying Hair
    Bleaching my hair out it's faded from black and it's like brown underneath from where it was red. Anyway bleaching it out to blonde, any tips me and my friend are doing it on our own. Oh an I plan on put black underneath and purple streaks in the blonde so how long should I wait after bleaching to do that.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:15 PM
    When you bleach your hair, you can deposit the desired color right away. However, I don't recommend doing it yourself. Hair bleaching can damage your hair and scalp if it's not done carefully. Please ask someone that's knowledgeable in hair coloring to give you a hand.

Feb 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Well Im going to get one of the girls in cosmo to do it probably, I just wanted to know if it was safe to put color on it afterwards. Because I'm using volume 40 peroxide bleach by raw hair colors so yea.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:55 PM
    I recommend using a 30-volume peroxide developer with your bleaching agent. A 40-volume peroxide is way too strong, and should only be used by professionals.
    vintage_surf21 Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Feb 29, 2008, 05:18 PM
    I'm depressed and confused. Please help! 3 weeks ago I had beautiful natural dirty blond hair with dyed blond highlights. I was very confident and loved life. OK. Then I wanted to go all blond. I went to a professional hair stylist and she bleached all of my hair and stripped all of the color out! It looked white, orange, and yellow! I was shaking as I left the stylist and cryed all the way home. I went back the next day and had her fix it and cover it with a dark brown. It has been 3 weeks (although it has felt like a lot longer) and the color is slowly fading... I feel a lot more confident with the blond highlights. Do I have to wait for my hair to grow out entirely before I can add highlights again? Or can I highlight over bleached and then dyed dark hair?

Mar 1, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Well long story short I tlaked it over with my cosmo teacher.
    And we came to the conclusion that I'm not going to bleach my whole head. Rather jugoing to take 6-7 big stripes on the top pin them up and divide my hair into two sections. Were going to redye the top black and then put pruple underneath where the red has faded out then on the hair we have pinned up I'm going to bleach it out with White out Volume 40 peroxide so it white.
    So in the end ill have Black on top purple on bottom with 6-7 white streaks going through my hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleaching your hair [ 5 Answers ]

Mmk. I was wondering....I really don't have the money to buy a bleaching kit. And I was wondering how you could go about dying your hair with regular home bleach like you clean with. I just tried to dye my hair with regular bonde and it didnt work. My hair is black...I recently dyed it that color....

Bleaching and Dying [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: a few months ago I've bleached my hair blonde and it looks ugly there were random patches of blonde a friend had bleached my hair. I've redyed it black a few times and dark brown. Now my hair is darkbrownish black I was wondering if I could dye/bleach my whole head dark blonde without...

Bleaching long hair [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is below my shoulders and is a light brown color. I would like to bleach it blonde. Can someone tell me how. PLease!

Hair bleaching disaster [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I touched up the roots of my "dish water blonde virgin color" friends hair and oh my gosh, It definitely took. Now we have a problem the color is a terrible yellow color and the effect and blockiness of just putting the color on the root is horrendous. Help. What can we do at home if...

View more questions Search