Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooldude444 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Roth And Traditional IRA questions.
    Hello All...
    What I am looking for is in case I put my money in Roth can I put my money in a traditional IRA too i.e. can I max out both the IRA's?
    If the answer is yes then can I actually convert my traditional to Roth (after some time)?
    If the answer is yes then what is the procedure i.e. any penalties or any time peroid that I will have to wait till I can do that?
    Thanks in advance...
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Yes, you can have both a traditional and a Roth. You can max them out in total, based on your limits. And yes, you can convert. But this is not that simple and depends on different factors. So it'll be easier to direct you elsewhere and let you decide based on your own situation.

Fool.com: All About IRAs - Introduction

This is pretty comprehensive. If you want to jump straight to the limitations and about the converting part, to the right choose "What IS an IRA?" and Roth IRA Parts I & II.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I/how to convert IRA-BDA to a Roth IRA [ 0 Answers ]

A few years ago I inherited an IRA. It's now referred to as an IRA-BDA. It is all one mutual fund. As it stands now, when I withdraw from it I have the option of taking out 10-15% taxes on the amount withdrawn, or waiting until tax time to pay it. 1.Would it be more beneficial to change my...

Traditional IRA [ 2 Answers ]

What should I be looking out for when I open a Traditional IRA?

Traditional & Roth IRA contributions [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I work full time. We are over 50 years of age and have separate IRA's. Together we will gross over $160,000, but our adjusted income will be less than that amount. Based on the information provided, what is the maximum amount we can contribute individually to our traditional and Roth...

Funding Traditional IRA without Employer's input [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks a lot for the fast and apt response Atlanta Tax Expert! But, when you say Roth IRA is funded by money after taxes and a ceiling of 150K(should I be making more than that in a financial year?) and traditional IRA is pre-tax.. Do you mean, Traditional IRA account is funded from money...

View more questions Search