Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eet View Post
    I am single, work full time, and own my home. My girlfriend and her son live with me. She does not work and I support them both. She has a student loan in default. If I claim her and her son as dependants ( I support them both 100%, she has zero income, etc.), can the IRS take my tax refund because of her defaulted loan?
    Please do not double-post questions. The answer to this is given here:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/taxes/girlfriend-defaulted-student-load-dependant-666119.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes as head of household [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I wrote a Question about how should I file my taxes, and some of you said that I could file head of household and claim my son who lives with me cause he is mildly retared and get a SSI check. Okay now Just out of I'm wondering I called the IRS, the lady on the phone said that I could file...

Head of Household [ 2 Answers ]

I remarried last year but I provide ALL of the expenses of my household. My spouse does work but it is my income that pays all the bills, and the upkeep of the home. Can I still file as Head of Household?

Head of Household when married living together, filing separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a German national and US resident (filing as resident alien). My wife is also a German national, but as a student she can file as a non-resident alien. For a number of reasons we want to file our tax returns separately. Initially I thought this was going to be a "married filing...

Head of Household [ 3 Answers ]

I have two clients who are partners. They each live in the same house, both on title, and both on the mortgage. Also, they have a rental property together. One of the partners has two children and wants to file head of household with two dependents. The HOH requirement is that the taxpayer...

Filing Head of Household, dependants? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the stipulation to file head of household, and I am full time student, with two daughters, the home is in jacks name and he makes the payments, I contribute no income. Can you claim the three of us?

View more questions Search