Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meriem Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 12:52 PM
    Classic J-1 Visa
    Hello everyone,

I think my situation is actually an easy one. I started work in the USA as an intern under a J-1 visa in May 2005.

I received my W-2 few days ago and went to H&R Block, they are asking for $150.00 to help me get a refund.

I'm sure I can do it myself. Can someone just tell me where can I find a 1040NR form and to whom should I send it to? Or where can I fill the form online with no crazy ridiculous charge?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Have a great day everyone and good luck to you guys for your taxes!

Cheers,

Meriem
    sanjay_kapasi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 01:14 PM
    The easiest is to use TurboTax Online. www.TurboTax.com. I have been using it from last 5 years. It's great. For 1040NR, you may have to just pay $15. Check out the website.

For downloading the paper form, you can visit www.irs.gov and type in the form number in search.
    Meriem Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Thank You Very Much!
    Thank you very much!

I will definitely do that!

Have a great day,

Meriem
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2006, 05:34 PM
    Excellent advice, SanJay!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Rock/Classic Metal question [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I heard this song last week on Boneyard radio station in the SF Bay area, and I'm unable to find the title and the artist through Google. I can only remember parts of the chorus, which go something like this: "Say goodbye to the land of (Archibane?), ... holding back the rain" I...

F1 to H1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi WHich tax form do u file my visa status changed from f1 to h1 on January 1, 2005 and I have been on the h1 this past year. Do I fill a 1040NR-ez or 1040-ez

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search