Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Feb 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Herbal Symptom Relief
    I am currently suffering from a cough that is causing my voice to crack. I'm fairly certain (from those that have gotten this before me) that it is a cold, or some sort of viral infection, and thusly needs to run its coarse. What I am looking for is symptom relief.

I don't like taking over the counter medications. They usually do very little aside from making me nauseous and sleepy. The problem is that I have a show this weekend. I need my voice to be clear, and right now I'm worried that it won't be. Is there anything I can pick up that might offer some short term relief (To the tune of a few hours). I normally don't take any kind of medication, but I am familiar with herbal remedies, and can do some research if I know where to start.

Thank you
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Why not try ginger (soak in the water so that you can taste ginger in the water) in hot water with a drop of honey,I add a bit of lemon too sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Herbal remedies [ 34 Answers ]

I am trying to incorporate herbs and supplements into my diet, for many the many health benefits I've been hearing about. Has anyone heard of, or tried a product called eyebright... or any other good herbal products for eye health? Also, are there any good herbal remedies for anxiety and/or...

Symptom update, when should I test? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm now 9 or 10 dpo... the nausea comes and goes but its not the same type of nausea you get with the stomach flu, it just feels different. Today and yesterday I had headaches and backaches on and off and I've been really tired. My BB's are tender off and on but feel fuller or a little swollen. No...

Is this normal or is it a symptom - Painful and swollen under armpit [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, Two days back, after checking my urine and blood, my doctor confirmed that I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I was extremely happy on hearing this. But now I do have another important concern and I somehow skipped asking this to my healthcare provider because I was so excited...

Is this symptom of pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My monthly period is due and I am 3 weeks late. I had few blood spottings not regularly, a very little bit of brown discharge when I cleaned myself. I get similar pain in lower abdomen as we have during montly periods and it is followed by a blood spotting.. not heavy or normal just few...

Is this a symptom [ 7 Answers ]

I lost my sex drive really bad lately.. is it because I'm pregnant?

View more questions Search