Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tavvy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 10:39 AM
    Uninstalling McaFee
    Hi,
    My PC has windows 2000 Professional... McaFee 1995 is on it but I want to remove it and install a more current anti virus. When I try to remove it (Add/Remove Program in Control Panel) it says I cant's because there is no blah blah log blah blah (missing part). How can I get this thing off my computer? My PC is a flat Compaq Pressario (upgraded from Win 98)
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Just locate and replace the blah blah blah part and you won't have any problems.

Does my answer make as much sense as your question?

If you don't give us the message you got, how do you expect us to help?
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 03:33 AM

First try from very common way that uninstall from control panel or if not. Search the root of mcafee folder and delete all the files from there or follow this link McAfee can't be uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs. It gives errors... : mcafee, remove, uninstall

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstall mcafee for free [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried calling them, they charge $1.95 a minute and I also got the run around. Tried add/remove programs and it said you had to remove all the components 1st. How am I supposed to know what the friggin components are? How can I remove this computer boggin, pop up every 5 second, always...

McAfee Items detected? [ 1 Answers ]

What are "items detected" in McAfee's security center

Latest mcafee security [ 1 Answers ]

When I run a scan with mcafee, I keep items detected in it like 20 items, 25, etc. I use to get 0 all the time with the old mcafee. Are these items detected viruses or cookies etc? Thanks guys. It seems I couldn't have that many viruses

View more questions Search