Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpeat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Preparing statement
    I need help with a multiple step income statement with 60,000 in outstanding common stock.
    Net sales of 2,600, cost of goods sold of 1,560, selling expenses of 130, administrative expense of 96, dividend revenue of 40, interest revenue of 14, write-off inventory due to obsolescence of 160, depreciation expense omitted by accident of 110, casuality loss before taxes of 100, dividends declared of 96, with effective tax rates of 34% on all items.

Also, retained earning statement
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
    You need to use the income statement accounts to come up with net income, after the tax effects. Use net income and dividends declared to get the ending retained earning. If you are just getting the retained earning statement, but not the statement of shareholders' equity, then you don't need to use common stock amount at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple-step income statement in good form and retained earnings statement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like someone to check to see if I did this correctly, if I did not then please help. Thanks The Problem is: The following pretax amounts pertain to River Corp. for the year ended December 31, 2008. Sales... $400,000 Operating Expenses... 84,000 Extraordinary gain... 30,000...

Preparing an income statement using the absortion and variable costing method [ 1 Answers ]

Please can someone help with writing this out so I can understand in the future! Thanks! On January 1 of the current year, C.F. Hartley Company commenced operations. It operated its plant at 100% of capacity during January. The following data summarized the results for January: ...

Preparing cash flow statement in indirect method [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please teach me how to prepare a cash flow statement in indirect method.

Preparing income statement [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am new to this site and desperately need some help with the following, any input would be greatly appreciated. The following selected information is taken from the records of Beckstrom Corporation. Accounts Payable $35,000 Accounts Receivables 65,000 Advertising...

View more questions Search